Br Class 124 Dmu (ntp)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jordancarr323, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jordancarr323

jordancarr323 New Member

Hello, I would like to suggest the BR Class 124 Trans-Pennine DMU as an add-on for Manchester-Leeds.
    These 6-car DMUs (later reduced to 4) were built specifically for this route and were in service until the early 1980s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_124

• Like Like x 15
  2. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I would live it too

3. Vanhalen1

Vanhalen1 Member

Plus the class 108 to.

• Like Like x 2
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Some more variety of DMU's would be good as there were several different classes operating at each end of the line. Sadly, however the situation with DMU's in the sim is like it was for model railways 30 years ago, they aren't as popular as loco's (even though they were probably more important in many ways) so as long one or two are represented then that is good enough!

• Like Like x 1
  5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Be hard to produce as none exist anymore!!

6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Plenty of extinct steam engines have been re-created in various sims so it is not impossible. Sounds wise there is a preserved Swindon class 126 which may have sounded similar. The difference in sounds between most first generation dmu's isn't great anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

True what you say not impossible but I was thinking from DTG point of view and what I have heard Matt say on his streams when asked by viewers why Class 123 and other non surving ones are not in the game. And he always says its hard to get it right without having a real life version to work on. Much harder to model from reference pictures and scehmatics alone. Such classes are more likely to be modelled by the Community when the right tools become available. I wanted to model the Class 123 and struggled to find any detailed cab pictures.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

That would be amazing, having the 124. I would love that so much.