PC Tsw Future?!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by smash_cze, Sep 22, 2019.

1. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Hello TSW community, hello Dovetail studio!
    I would like to post something for you. I have a little offer and i also have a little buglist from my last two gameplays. If you love this game and love

railways and locos at all... please read. And sorry for my english. I hope you will understand what i would to talk about. It is something to think about. It

is little challenge too...

• Like Like x 1
  2. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Hello Dovetail studio!
    Thank you for nice looking and great game. This game looks like a best one but.. unfortunately it is not. Sometimes it looks ugly, unfinished, dumb and

silly. And little expensive for fans too.
    There are many many annoying bugs and bugs on the beuaty of the game at all.
    Oh yes it was good idea to use great and ready 3d engine like Unreal engine is - game looks much more better than the rest of railsims. But i am not sure

that you made it up right... I know - the orientation mainly to consoles was right decision for better business. But i doubt it was good decision for Rail

sim which have to be the best one.
    I really miss the editor. Yes it is clear - with editor - console players will be limited but community will be growing quick and your sim will live longer

and will be strong for years. And unfortunately your budget wont be as high as you need. Clear. So in the name of business give us a chance to build more

railways and to model more locomotives and tracks. Arrange it like that you will have income from it. Let us create content for you and give us some little

money for it and keep the rest of income which will keep you living well. Organize community contests and choose the best studios officially cooperating with

you. There are many ethusiasts who will create more than your studio... and yes i do understand you need make money to produce best railsim.. I was working

in England for software company in the past so i know there must be decent salary for your employees for their work. There is a certain level in England and

needs to live there. It is expensive. But yes... You can have it with different way too. Let think about! I spent lot of money for all the TSW updates and

DLCs. I would like to support the best railway sim which is TSW and want support your studio. But you are digging your own grave with your current approach

and i am afraid that there will rise a company who will defeat you soon. That's sad reality! I understood TSW 2020 is "new" game but it is not so new like

you are selling it like. Sorry but no true visible improvement and there are only renamed old things. Plus new bugs. Almost all of old bugs are still there.

I am getting bored with TSW and still annoyed with bugs which are still here. My joy with your game is losing out...
    No fear Dovetail games. I am still with you and i will support you in the future by spending my hard worked money for your content.. But please do something!
    Current content is interesting. But with all the bugs and unfinished things... it is boring and still the same.
    And if you need a tip: I am from Czech republic. A small country in the middle of Europe. But our countries have lot in common... not only humor and sense

for joke. YOu are railway enthusiasts too. Our country is small but our country is interlocked with really nice railways. We also designed and produced many

interesting and iconic locomotives - some of them were exported to whole Europe - so our great locomotives are known and still used in Europe. So it could be

interesting for your players!
    check our rail network here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_...#/media/File:Bohemia_rail_map_1883_Rivnac.jpg
    check page with czech loco nicknames and links to wiki (and think about their count ;-)) https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Přezdívky_česk

%C3%BDch_a_slovensk%C3%BDch_%C5%BEelezni%C4%8Dn%C3%ADch_vozidel
    Unfortunately as we always were ahead and improoving we are small country so we were always suppressed and destroyed in wars. Our advanced factories were

bombarded because allies wont let us to be competetive to them after ww2. They left us to Soviet union. But Soviet union wont let us competetive too. So

industry was improoving slower then. And now in the EU it is not getting better. They want us to be cheap workers :-(
    Dovetail devs - You love hugging locos and visiting nice railways.. So try to visit our country... our museums and their actions... you will fall in new

love!!!
    Thank you that spent minutes of your life for reading my post. Think about your great project and about its future. I would like to offer you a close

cooperation that could pay off to you. I have a small software company able to put together great people and produce 3d models environments and scenarios

which wont be boring. And here are many railway ethusiasts who will participate on content development for our sim. Loco 3d modeling environment modelling

scenarion setups... So please let us breath more! We are with you!

So i played your game again... so here are some observations that ends up in my aow bug list... maybe your testmans does not make their job well or you have

not time to process their lists.. so here is my list of bugs.. I will continue to do it for you

best regards and good luck in best railsim development!

If you want thne you can contact me on jirisvab@seznam.cz. I really want to participate to dev your game and make it better!

• Like Like x 2
  3. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

My current buglist... i will add more soon with every ride:

NTP:
    ----

animation/graphics:
    Class 50 - only some exhaust produces smoke - change camera sometimes repair this bug
    tunnels are not affected by lights - should be at least little bit

repaired:
    textures of tracks and environment shows better now
    tunnel sounds and window influence is now repaired

NEC:
    ----
    map:
    wires in depot sharp curve are out of track

Other:
    i can go out from terminal station... There is nothing... I can go many kilometers (miles) from the city and there is nothing... only map edge where i ll

fall offmap...

GWE:
    ----
    Class47 specific:
    quiet engine sound, poor smoke - where is big sound of massive diesel??? Where is the smoke when i give the machine something to drink?
    What a funny horns??? They should be audible from distance! Why they are so ugly and synthetic? How many megabytes could be digitally recorded horns from

real machines?

Timetable:
    I was gfoing from Bishop Lydeyard to Minehead... Why i must to wait 8 minutes on the first few stops so long when on last few i am late? Why the train is so

long when many platforms are so short? Make shorter trains. Or arrange to skip some stations with class 47 - make it like express. What will do old people

when some wagons are outside the platform? Why will do families with little childern on thios nice trip when they must get off the train outside the

platform... Isn't it non-sense?

Environment:
    Environment is little bit dead... Why the cows and sheeps are like statues? What about some basic cyclic move? Where are some cars...? Some people wating on

railway crossings?
    Why is not here more traffic? Where is some shifting around

GWE general:
    Great Western Express is little bit slow and little bit boring... But it is a historical railway

General:
    --------
    Passengers:
    Passengers are like zombies... They go into/out the train but what they are witng for? I mean these who dont board the train? Are they waitng for nxt train

which will arrive after half hour? Ok... Why they are not talking together? Why they are not shopping.. reding newspapers, smoking, drinking eating? Bring

some life to them please!!!
    And wht is passengers clothing so weird? Okay when i choose the summer... But why they dont have umbrellas in heavy rain? What does mean their clothing in

winter... or when there is a blizzard???? Bad joke? Make them more real!

• Like Like x 1
  4. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

And i forgot the cameras... Okay F2 and F3 camera views are almost good... Unfortunately it starts by the end of loco... so first look is to last wagoon if loco is reversed like...
    But what a joke is free camera? Why there are not predefined free cam points on the track from which are scenes observed? Why the free cam looks on escping loco when you are on 2dn stand in front? Why i cant predefine a place where free cam should be observed from? Should i everytime pres + key and move forward somewhere from where i would look on my train? I know these are little details but.... in this game are so many little details whose are destroying game feelings... isn't it a shame?

• Like Like x 1
  5. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

and last post.... please give us AT LEAST ONE STEAM LOCO!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

wow I totally agree with all you said, totally speechless... I hope that your company will once be able (with the Editor) to make awesome Czech routes / trains. They are interesting and different from USA / British / German trains. Best of luck for you and your company, and I hope DTG also reads all of it.

8. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

TL;DR "Your game sucks, and you will soon go out of business. PS I will continue to spend money on your content."

(See also all other forum posts.)

• Like Like x 4