PC What About A New Studio Update?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kalteVollmilch, Sep 23, 2019.

1. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

The last Studio Update we got was 6 months ago.
    That was before:
    - Peninsula Corridor
    - TSW 2020
    - NEC Yard Goat
    - BR Class 40
    - Tees Valley Line
    - BR Class 52
    - DB BR 155
    - and even the DB BR 182
    released!
    I honestly cannot believe that there is nothing of interest going on. Weren't the studio updates supposed to become a monthly thing? Or is this just my imagination?

Also, it was stated that there is very rarely time to take care of a studio update. But at least in my opinion, this is something that should not be a bonus but rather a regular thing as part of someones job, and therefore, time for it simply should be taken, just like it would be for any other job.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Matt gets very busy and sometimes can’t find enough time to write one.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  3. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

I'm simply going to assume that your 'tutorials' is meant to be 'time to'
    As I stated in my original post, for me this is a part of someones job (doesn't even have to be Matt), and for this activity, time should be taken instead of waiting for some free time to write a studio update.
    Also, I find it very unlikely not to find 2 or 3 hours in half a year to write such an article

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Yeah, my phone autocorrected.

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Agreed. What was quite regular studio article updates is now nonexistent. I find it bizarre that over all these months, not a single hint or mention of when we can expect a studio update has been mentioned.

Yes, we all know how busy things can be, but are you telling me the DTG team can’t find *any* time to write and submit an article?!

In order to keep your fan base and customers happy, you need to communicate with them and keep them updated. DTG has been doing the exact opposite. I really don’t understand their logic and priorities.

Their communication is by far the worst thing I do not like about them when you compare them to other companies. Though this won’t change anything, sadly.

Here is an old poll I attached from a thread I created over a year ago. Outdated now, but the results show that their communication is bad by quite the majority. I think if I created an updated poll today, (which I won’t), the results will pretty much be the same.

55960E7F-EA66-4951-8671-63F01298424C.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

At least “Very Bad” didn’t win.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I miss the studio updates as well, I would like to see them come back on a regular basis again. I do not believe that DTG staff do not have a small amount of time to create one at least once a month. These updates were always full optimism and insight into what was on the horizon.

Please DTG bring back the studio updates.

• Like Like x 6
  8. hightower

hightower Guest

Anthony, you’d find the positive in a nuclear war!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Meh. I said this when this was brought up another time; but communication is not a substitute for development. If they had anything exciting to share they would probably do so. No doubt they're working on future routes and locomotives, but those are teased eventually anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I would appreciate a studio update a lot. No need to make it a very long document, but I think we deserve an update on the content editor, even though our expectations are so low we even are no longer asking for it. I check out the DTG website every day, waiting for news on the content editor ...

11. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

I've suggested this before but I think that DTG should make a thread like this where someone would post small updates about the editor every few days. It surely can't take more than 5 minutes to write one.