Need Dev's Opinion On Br 294 German Diesel-hydraulic Shunter

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hi devs, the The DB Class V90 which was first featured in Railworks 2019 now, was very boring at first and not well made but after I applied the TrainTeamBerlin's expansion pack for this unit it became something rather extraordinary. Fortunately I switched to TSW now but I do miss this unit alot because it was a multi-use engine which covered, passenger, shunting or freight. After I applied the expansion pack for it, it was given a new set of sounds, textures and advanced features. We've been craving a pure German diesel engine in TSW for many years now, this would of been the right one since we have the Rugh-Sieg Line which surprised me that I did not not feature this locomotive at all this. Ticks all the boxes basically, would make well over half of the TSW population happy, your sales income from this if you model it and wire it up well will skyrocket. I need your opinion on this guys, what is preventing you from getting this beast back into TSW as well?

• Like Like x 1
  2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Matt answered this in numerous streams already, it is not that the Devs don't want, it's simply that it's quite difficult for DTG to get access to a 294.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

In what form do you mean "they can't get acces to a BR 294"? Again licensing?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Usually, the DTG team will go out and record audio for a given add-on, as well as talk to the people who operate them to help them with the simulation side of things. By "not getting access", they mean that the train operating company, in this case probably DB Cargo, have not given DTG a chance to go out and do this or they want too much money to do so.

• Like Like x 5
  5. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Ah I get it, thanks for answering!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kentora

Kentora Member

Does DTG ask the german community, like on Rail-sim.de ?
    I am sure that the community will be glad to help them have the correct sounds.

Otherwise DTG could ask the sound pack from the model railway sound decoder builder company (from ESU for exemple)...

• Like Like x 2