Tsw: Hagen – Take Two!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Sep 25, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Modern EMU and intermodal freight action come together in our latest route for Train Sim World – introducing Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Hagen – Wuppertal, coming soon to Windows PC, Xbox One and PS4!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 25
  2. Gipsy_Danger

Gipsy_Danger Active Member

Someone at DTG must really dislike the 1440s so much that they chose to put the incorrect traction on the route.

• Like Like x 3
  3. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Is it an Extention to Ruhr-Sieg Nord?

4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Well it sure looks like a nice route and i´m looking forward to get my hands on it.

But i really dont like the fact that this is the 3rd route where you use the 185.5. I know if you own other Loco DLC you can use different Loco´s for that but it would of been nice to see a different Loco with the option of the 185.5 to substitute for those that own RSN or MSB.

it would also be great if you could connect the routes (RSN and the new one) for owners that have both, so you can change between services for both routes without having to go to the main menu, but that will probably never happen. (Given that it looks like both routes could be in the same time period)

We really need that German Diesel Pack, leaving all the area´s on MSB / RSN unused for so long really isnt great and there we get the next electric German route.

So all in all for me it looks like a nice route (if done right) with freight and passenger action which is welcomed.
    But as far as German Content goes, with the lack of anything Diesel powered, its feels a bit like more of the same german content that we already have.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
  5. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

This literally answered three of my wished. Hot dang. This looks super

Post scriptum: did not realize the length. Looking for more info in the coming 'soon' span

• Like Like x 3
  6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Show me one person who doesn't dislike the 1440 :D
    Next, show me one person who cares about accurate rolling stock in Germany, AND - now comes the difficult part - at the same time, works at DTG.

All jokes aside, what itches me a much wronger way: Hagen-Wuppertal. Hagen. To Goddamn. Wuppertal. That's under 30 kilometers. Not even 20 miles. If you count the line via Gevelsberg, which for sake of fairness, you probably should, we're at 45 km. One all new driveable train in the form of the 422 (nice choice, admittedly, even if wrong, I don't mind in this case) and one new variant of the 185 - 185.5, not .2, so at least that. The only major station on the route? Re-used. This is a joke, isn't it?

Ever seen a hype train derail, crash and burn just one day after departure? No? You might be about to...

ADDENDUM:
    Assuming it will be sold at full price, mind you.

• Like Like x 11
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Route is too small, it should goes to Düsseldorf Hbf for sure. Also on the Regional Express are drives only the DB BR 111 with Doppelstockwagen and no 143 or 146 Loco

• Like Like x 6
  8. 37114

37114 Active Member

Hmm. Less than 20 miles? Come on DTG.

• Like Like x 6
  9. thearkerportian

And I thought the Southampton debacle had been bad.
    If they at least made a 146.5 with IC2 coaches, that might be something. They actually run on that route.

Anyway, given the length (or lack thereof) of the route, it would be really helpful if it did indeed connect to RSN, giving TSW a new twist this way.

• Like Like x 4
  10. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

This are actually was the Original Locos from the RE4 and RE7, when want learn Dovetail finally that the 143 is not the same as the 112 or that RE4 runs by the 111 with third generation Steuerwagen when the route was build with the BR 422 for S-Bahn AD92CF64-DB9E-4DCD-8BB4-E62C7364E62E.jpeg 509C1BE3-ABAB-46FC-825F-21F731A4714E.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  11. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

I hope this a map extension for ruhr sieg nord because 25 kilometers is to short for a route

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It's a new route reading some messages from DTG on Twitter. I only buy UK stuff but 20 miles?! I hope that's not the new standard. SMH.

• Like Like x 3
  13. thearkerportian

In all fairness, they probably know the difference between 143 and 112. Either don't care, or couldn't get their hands on a 112 to recreate it. But still... it's getting old. It was the same in old TS2019. British or US routes? Most turn out fairly good, and some indeed very good. However, German routes? You'll have a hard time finding one made by DTG that doesn't have at least one glaring issue. PZB/LZB doesnt work right, wrong rolling stock, unrealistic physics. 160 km/h and more in a BR 218 on Hamburg-Lübeck. An ET423 that pulls away from the platform as if it was a fighter jet. IC trains in S-Bahn service on routes that don't even have an S-Bahn. And so on, and so on.

Seems like TSW is getting established to be just the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thearkerportian

Yep. Already looking forward to Newport to Bristol...

....Parkway.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Nope a new route altogether

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I was hoping for this to be an extension... but WHY a separate route instead? like wut....

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gipsy_Danger

Ironic, the 1440 is one of my favourite trains.

18. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

It’s not the size of the route that matters guys it’s how you use it! I’m excited none the less!

• Like Like x 1
  19. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I'm excited as well, I'm just sad it isn't an expansion but a new route. Would've loved to continue driving instead of hopping onto a new route.

• Like Like x 2
  20. thearkerportian

Mhm! New York Penn to Jamaica would have been good enough.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

This has the potential to be a VERY busy route. May I ask how many scenarios (assuming the standard 5) and services/timetables are provided with the route? Both with and without additional add-ons.

• Like Like x 2
  22. thearkerportian

Well you would have had to change trains at Hagen anyway, but I see what you mean.

• Like Like x 1
  23. matthewbguilford

A7409E26-98BF-468A-985A-E2AFBBFF9CC8.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  24. matthewbguilford

A 20 mile route is fine with me, I’m glad they want to expand the TSW route catalog and I don’t need a 40+ mile route when I decide to hop on. As long as this route makes for a fun drive with different activities then I’m a happy person!

• Like Like x 2
  25. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

No excuses for such a short line if it costs the same as Peninsula Corridor. Seems like the mantra for DTG is to release a disappointing DLC after a fantastic one (Peninsula Corridor has great sounds and fantastic looking rolling stock), and we can see the same thing with the Amtrak switcher after TVL. And the fact that it doesn't even include prototypical rolling stock and another copy paste of the 185. We will see if this route is priced appropriately as I don't believe this should be a full priced route given the length.

I will say though, if those images are prototypical of what we see throughout the entire line, seems like they have done a better job at distant hillside scenery as it looks filled with many trees. Of course it could just be marketing and only certain areas that look as lush as the ones featured. I hope we can also see the 422 in MSB and RSN, considering it seems like they don't really care too much about using accurate rolling stock to their native lines, and the new 185 as well. Also very nice to see different colored ties again. MSB was a great route, but fairly monotonous at times without it.

Would be a fantastic addition to the catalogue if it is priced accordingly.

• Like Like x 4
  26. thearkerportian

• Like Like x 4
  27. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looks great and really looking forward to its release.

28. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Thats what GWE needed. Licensed containers.

• Like Like x 3
  29. matthewbguilford

I didn’t notice any “Work in progress” on the pictures for the route. Do you think it will come sooner then we expect?

• Like Like x 1
  30. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

I don't think tomorrow, they would say that and it would give a Pre-order, i think. Eventually at third october

• Like Like x 1
  31. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

thearkerportian expecting an 80km route with one of the biggest stations in germany (cologne) + several new rolling stock is plain unrealistic for 30€ + considering how extremely dense the area is anyway - around cologne partly 8 - 12 tracks - must be an immensely amount of work which one just can't justify selling for 30 €

• Like Like x 2
  32. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

This is embarrassing. I thought DTG lacked on the US. But nope I was wrong. 20 miles? That's pathetic. This route better be at 3/4 the price. Peninsula Corridor arrives being the 2nd longest. People think "oh, maybe routes will be longer" but nope, they release the shortest route right after, crushing people's hopes like a car does a can.

• Like Like x 3
  33. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

That's only 49 miles. Not sure how it's unrealistic considering most engines probably would have been reused.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

This route looks like nice addition to my colection.
    Do aslo MSR and RSN profit from MRCE BR 185.5 livery and Sggmrss Container Wagons?
    Now I have enought jobs to drive on SFJ but price about 21€ can convince me to buy it in release time.
    Otherwise I let it be as route for christmas buy. (I am sceptical about another Norht America route with freigth stuff to appear this year)
    When could I add RRO to my steam whishlist?

35. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

S8 is not driving to Cologne, it’s Düsseldorf

36. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Well that's a very"Corporate" thing to say isn't it?

• Like Like x 4
  37. thearkerportian

So what? It would be RE4/13 from Hagen to Vohwinkel, the S8 from Hagen to Gruiten, and RB48/RE7 further to Cologne. No big deal, many DLC contain incomplete lines, nothing wrong with that. And we'd still have more S8 than we'll have now. Plus long distance trains, which don't go to Düsseldorf from Hagen. But the discussion is futile anyway. It's only Wuppertal.

• Like Like x 1
  38. thearkerportian

Cologne Central station is fairly small. 11 tracks. Hagen Hbf is larger, and DTG have proven early in the history of TSW that they are capable of creating large grandiose stations. Paddington for prime example.

• Like Like x 1
  39. valenta

valenta New Member

No, it's a realistic comment.

40. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic, sure it's a small route but they could put more detail and environments in. I love GWE but sometimes driving in a straight line can be boring. The little suspension tram looks cool, would be great if we could ride in it.

Loco choice is OK, at least the 185 is in a different colour than red, although Germany has such a great variety of liveries it's a shame that their isn't more colour. The 422 looks fun to drive.

But I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that this route be a little cheaper than usual. WSR was £20 and I think this route should be the same, or failing that offer a discount for players who own RSN.

Also thanks to the subsitution feature i'm pretty sure that makes 8 different trains on this route if you have all the DLC, thats a lot of trains.

• Like Like x 3
  41. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

The fact here its that DG is bringing us a short route, considering its lenght, even with both branches, its short.
    Of course delivering it to Dusseldorf its a lot of work... so maybe this choice wasn't the best one.
    Lets wait for more info, maybe its not all about the lenght here...
    All in all, im waiting for some diesel action to MSB and RSN (even in this new route) after buying new staff...
    Also, this new route could be the same price of WSR, if it doens't deserve a full price like others.

42. Gipsy_Danger

Looking back this would’ve also been an excellent way to add the FLIRT to the game on the RE13, I dont know whether DTG encountered liscence issues with Stadler (maybe the same with Alstom) or most likely they did it to avoid creating more stock. I’m still surprised that they went all the way to creating the 422 when it doesn’t run on the line. Unless DTG are planning a new German route using a 422 in the future which they can reuse. I’m intrigued why they didn’t go for the logical S8 choice.

43. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

This one looks like it might be interesting. Although the main stretch is far shorter than anything else in TSW to date, both the newsletter and the article make it clear that both the S8 line and the line that diverges at Schwelm will be included, which is nice to see. The service mode timetable should be interesting as well - the S8 runs with a frequency of a train every 20 minutes.

Based on this quote, it would seem that extra services have been added if you have MSB or RSN for the RB trains that run on the other line via Ennepetal. Locomotives from other routes adding services to other routes is I think would be a TSW first, and I hope that if this is the case then DTG would consider going back to LIRR/NEC and adding AI trains if you have the other route from Penn Station to Harold Interlocking. However, unless it is at a lower price than the usual content (perhaps the same as WSR) then I almost certainly won't touch it until a sale, however long that may be.

• Like Like x 3
  44. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Thank you DTG to bring out Rhein Ruhr Osten. Sure the lenght of the route is not so long. But with the loco substition we will have all locos from RSN and MSB. So on the new track we will have 6 locos and one Cab Car. It will be the route with the most variety on locos and CabCars. And we will have the container terminal at Lagerfeld. I think it will be one of the most interesting routes in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  45. matthewbguilford

I think judging this route by its size before seeing what the actual route looks like is unfair. You mention the Peninsula corridor which is a really beautiful and detailed route and I would say is one of the best routes on TSW. Now take everything DTG has learned from making routes and put that into a 20 mile scenic German route. I think people are underestimating the potential for this route by only looking at the distance. They even stated they added an entirely new system that will make sure we will be driving along side the suspended cars for some of the route. Also the fact that if you own RS and MSB your going to have more variety and lots of traffic on this route. I’m really excited!

• Like Like x 3
  46. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Its 27.4 miles from Hagen Hbf to Wuppertal-Steinbeck according to the S8 line page on wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_S_8)
    When you add in the branch lines to the Wuppertal yards & Wuppertal-Langerfeld container yards, it may be closer to 30 miles

Happy to be corrected on this one from the German folks here

-edit-

Actually nm, I just noticed the distances on that page are in Kms (not miles), so it does indeed convert to 17.02 miles from Hagen Hbf to Wuppertal-Steinbeck. Once the 2 branch lines are added in, it may be pretty close to 20 miles all up

• Like Like x 1
  47. zane88

zane88 Active Member

That's a fair point, but man, this dlc would make wayyyyy more sense to be released as an extension.
    Ive been patiently waiting to see if they do a route extension and i thought after the first post thats what we were getting.
    It was a very exciting possibility at the time.

I wonder if we will be able to use the "journey"system in a way so we dont have to return to the main menu.
    Reducing load times would also help with immersion.

Which reminds me, does anyone know if loading times and/or frame rates are improved on xbox 1x??
    Im buying one in a few weeks:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  48. zane88

zane88 Active Member

17 MILES? YIKESSSS!!!!
    That's bike-riding distance lol:D

• Like Like x 3
  49. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

A route extension want the last part from Finnentrop to Siegen or from Letmathe to Iserlohn because it’s the same Lines to Ruhr Sieg Nord. Maybe they give us the final part to Mönchengladbach or Aachen later for another 30€

• Like Like x 2
  50. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I'd hope that it would be priced accordingly...but sadly I think all route DLC is a set price regardless of length.
    I am thinking I may leave this one until it's on sale if it turns out to be full priced...there just doesn't seem to be enough meat on this. I'll keep an open mind though, maybe more details will come before it releases. (Maybe RSN owners will get a discount ? )

• Like Like x 2