PC German Dlc Suggestion: Schöna - Dresden Hbf

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BRD, Sep 28, 2019.

1. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Hey everyone!

I have yet another suggestion with the attempt to include a Vectron on TSW... ^^'

Sometime ago I was suggesting to include the Vectron so it could be driven on the Main Spessart Bahn, but indeed the era in which the route is represented wouldn't make much sense.

However, considering the German rolling stock we've got so far, I think I have an interesting idea / suggestion for a new German route DLC!

What if DTG made the route which goes from Schöna to Dresden Hbf? This is a route which sees mainly traffic from/to the Czech Republic, hence why a multi-system Vectron would be a nice new addition to TSW.

But my suggestion isn't only because of the Vectron itself. It is also taking into consideration the rolling stock we already have. The S-Bahn services ( Dresden S1 ) that go from Schöna to Meißen Triebischtal via Dresden Hbf are nowadays hauled with BR 146.0 ( although in-game we have 146.2 ) as well as once in a while you might see BR 143. The S1 trains run with the dostos. Few years ago there were even BR 182 working those S1 services. Aside from this, the route sees a very high amount of freight traffic. This can be seen mainly with the BR 185, BR 189s, the Vectrons ( mostly Czech, multi system ones ), and many others as well. I'm not sure if the BR 155 would go there, though.

Regarding route length: The suggested route has about 49 km between Schöna and Dresden Hbf. This is more or less the length of most TSW DLC routes. On a side note, the whole S1 route all the way to Meißen would be a total of 77 km.

Regarding the route itself: This route is very popular among railfans due to the amount of rail traffic it sees daily. But not only - the views it offers are amazing! Have a look at some information on Wikipedia here.

Rolling stock wise for the long distance trains ( the ones nowadays hauled with České Drahy Vectrons ) - The EC trains stop at Bad Schandau and continue directly without stopping till Dresden Hbf. They bring Czech passenger cars Ampz, WRmz and Bmz. These type of coaches can definitely be used later on other DLCs ( for example in Austria :) ).

So yeah... that's my suggestion. Let me know what you think about it. :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Oh silly me, I should have looked better! That's exactly the one I meant, thearkerportian ! Thanks for pointing out this. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

No prob. It' a lot of suggestions in there after all, making it easy to overlook things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

That's true! At least one thing is for sure... It is great to see that there's more people out there wishing to have the same route represented on TSW! ;)

6. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Very good idea.Passenger and Freight traffic. And one of my favorite locos the DB BR 143 (DR BR 243) - the prowde of LEW. When I'm at Dresden Main Station, it's so nice to see and here that loco in real.

• Like Like x 1