PlayStation Ps4 Remote Play

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rick.mcfc, Sep 27, 2019.

1. rick.mcfc

rick.mcfc Member

Hi all,

Just purchased Train Sim World 2020 for PS4 and think it's great. I've been waiting for a train sim for some time for PS4 so I'm over the moon.

My PS4 is connected to the tele in our living room, and like most I'm sure, my wife takes the lead with the tele (!!) meaning I can only play it when she's out or doing something else!! Married life I suppose haha! :D

Anyway, I have just discovered that Sony offer the Remote Play app for iOS which allows the PS4 screen and audio to be played back through an iPhone or iPad.

My question is, is TSW compatible with Remote Play??

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ive thought about using this. Yes it shouldnt matter what games in the machine.

3. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Whaaaat?! No way! I really hope they have this app in the Android Play Store.

4. LiquidShadows

Answered my own question. Yes, they do.

5. LiquidShadows

Just a notice: The few dozen reviews (both for iOS & Android) that I read for that app are, for the most part, horrendous. So if you're interested in it, I'd do a little bit more checking up on it to see if the app still seems appropriate and/or acceptable for you. Quite a few people said that the app is (verbatim) "worthless", "misleading", or "doesn't work at all, except for the PS button".

6. rick.mcfc

rick.mcfc Member

Just thought I'd give an update...

The Remote Play app does work for TSW, and in my view works very well. You can connect your PS4 DS controller to your iPad and you are basically playing PS4, albeit on a smaller screen. That's the only difference.

So yeah, it's spot on!!

(Note: you have to be on iOS 13 to be able to connect your DS controller, it doesn't work on iOS 12 or lower)

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah I use it a lot (same reasons as the OP) and it has been fine for Train Sim. I find it’s not very good for shooters such as Battlefield V but anything involving driving has been fine. Been using it quite a while now on my iMac

8. kingus.uk

kingus.uk Active Member

If you can get hold of a PlayStation Vita TV from somewhere, you can use that for remote play (they don't cost much). Or the Remote Play app for Windows 10 also works, if you've got a PC or Laptop. Both work well for TSW.