General Electric Tier 4 Et44ac (et44c4)

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by treid09, Oct 1, 2019.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

I believe that a good locomotive to bring to TS 2020 would be the GE ET44AC. I know that a third-party developer called eyein12 has already made it, but it would be great if he could get it officially licensed for TS or it could be created seperately (although his is extremely good). The ET44 is a Tier 4 diesel, meaning that it meets the EPA's emission restrictions. Every Class 1 railroad in the US (KCS, BNSF, UP, NS, CSX, CN, and CP) has some on their roster except Canadian Pacific. This means that if was offered in the schemes of all or most of the railroads that own ET44's, they could be used on almost all North American routes realistically. I am personally a BNSF and KCS fan, but would love to see any of these. Whether its a NS ET44 hauling a coal train down from Bailey Mine on the Coal District, or a CSX one flying along the Miami to West Palm Beach route, or a UP one making the grade on Sherman Hill, I would love to see this engine. God Bless.

• Like Like x 3
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I love how those units look coming down the tracks.
    I would also throw in the new EMD SD70-T4's.

• Like Like x 1
  3. treid09

treid09 Guest

They do look awesome. The huge radiators make the look. Ditto on the SD70ACeT4's, especially CSX's.

• Like Like x 1
  4. C 70015

C 70015 Member

The problem with eyein12's ET44 is that I don't know if you can still buy it. When I last went on his page about two weeks ago there were comments from earlier this year still waiting for it's activation code. I haven't bought it yet in case I never get it's code and my da scolding me about falling for a scam (not saying it is but at the moment it feels that way).

• Like Like x 1
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Yikes. I had no idea. Good choice not buying it yet though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Yes. The Tier IVs need to be added. The CSX and Peninsula Corridor routes in TSW need the ET44ACs as well. I really want the BNSF version (ET44C4) for Cajon Pass. Ditto on the SD70ACeT4s. So far, there are only the UP, CSX, and EMD prototype versions. Also, I'd love to see a TS2020 or TSW GE Evolution Hybrid.

7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Is the GE Evolution hybrid the ones that Florida East Coast is using (the natural gas and diesel hybrid)?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2019
  8. JGRudnick

Here's some information I found on the GE Evolution Hybrid from Lionel.
    "How does it work? General Electric’s Evolution Hybrid captures the energy dissipated during braking and stores it in a series of sophisticated batteries visible on the side of the locomotive. that battery-stored energy then provides an additional 2,000 horsepower to the locomotive, thus increasing engine power while reducing fuel consumption and environmental impact."
    I too, would like to see the FEC Natural gas hybrids. Maybe in TSW on a Florida East Coast line?

• Like Like x 2
  9. JGRudnick

I would really like to see some BNSF locomotives too, but because of licensing issues it probably wouldn't happen anytime soon.

10. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks, JG. That's cool info. Here is a link to Wabtec's video about their new locomotive. Wabtec and GE merged earlier this year.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

That video of the battery-powered locomotive was pretty interesting. I'd like to see how successful the real thing is.

• Like Like x 1
  12. treid09

treid09 Guest

Me too. It’s very interesting!

13. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

eyein12 et44 locomotive pack is pretty good. good detail, love opening the doors and windows.