Ts20: Few, But Fascinating

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Sep 30, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

The experimental Electro-Motive GP40X, in UnionPacific livery, is coming soon to Train Simulator

READ MORE

• Like Like x 3
  2. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

Will be looking forward to this!

3. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

It looks cool but if you take a look at the interior textures they look really poor. Hopefully they're just placeholders and it'll look better at release. The brake handle looks low-poly too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

The GP40X is being developed by a third party, not DTG. I am not familiar with the developer so hard to say on what the quality will be. Guess we will just have to wait for the release and hopefully a few early adopters can provide us with their impressions.

Or if anyone is familiar with the developer, provide us less informed with some insights.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, as I said, the cab looks quite sub-par. I'm not saying DTG's texturing and detailing in the cab is great for the most part but it's still better than this one.

6. treid09

treid09 Guest

The developer is Travel by Train. I can testify that his engines are good. I have the NS and Conrail SD70 pack from him and I love it. The textures are not perfect, but it looks prototypical and runs that way too. The SD70 also has advanced braking that Mike Rennie from Smokebox helped him with and he also had help from DTM as well. Don't know if any other locos have this, but he seems to do quality work.

7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Thanks treid09 - I am not familiar with this particular developer, but with your information, will look more into this DLC... With such well known developers like Mike Rennie and DTM assisting on other projects, that say a lot.

8. treid09

treid09 Guest

No problem.

9. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd like reskins for the Southern, SP, and ATSF versions. The Southern units had high noses, so that needs to be included. Also, other roadname-specific details should be included.