Fishing Sim World Line Breaking...

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Limadawg, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Limadawg

Limadawg New Member

Any thoughts on why my line breaks or just comes loose from big fish?

I have the Vader X rod and reel, 80lb line.

I've left the pole at it's highest point the whole time and it breaks. I've left it down the whole time and it breaks, and I've tried going up and down the whole time and it breaks.

When I first got the game I was pulling in numerous carp over 70lbs with the rod and reel that you get when the game starts but with 80lb line.

This always happens when I have a very large fish hooked. I mean, if I'm topped out on the road, reel and line what else can I do to rectify this problem?

I use a size 2 hook! Could it be to big? Maybe the 50lb black line would work better than the 80lb? No clue.

Bout ready to give up on this game and go back to what I was playing before.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Depends on the fish your fighting. With 80 lb test for bass keep it between 28-30 and move the rod when it blinks at the top. For everything else 40 is the safe zone. Can crank it up more than that but get a feel for it before you do that

3. Limadawg

Limadawg New Member

I’ve had the drag at 15 and the line breaks! I’ve had the line break while it’s slacked!

It never breaks right away. Always after a long fight. As if it t doesn’t take long enough to get a fish in. To have it break constantly is annoying.

I’ve hooked over 40 Siamese Carp and have managed to actually catch only 2! Line always breaks after a long fight. Lol

4. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Keep in mind the line actually doesn’t break it’s the fish breaks off. So what is happening every time the ! Point at either end gets hit it weakens the hook set and depending on how well you hook the fish will depend on how many times it can hit before the fish breaks off. It’s kind of a balancing game of not letting it hit the ! Point. I would say try this since you are fishing gillhams. Try when the fish locks on and you pick the rod up keep the rod all the way cranked back. Put the drag on 40 and leave it there. Just reel in and it shouldn’t hit the bottom ! Point too much this definitely should help landing fish.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Limadawg

Limadawg New Member

Ok yeah I’ll try that. Honestly I let it hit the ! 5 or more times every time I hook one. Not trying to let it, it just happens. So I’ll give your advice a go.

Thanks for responding with some helpful info.

6. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Your welcome. Once you get comfortable then you can experiment with different line types and sizes. I do notice that the bite rain goes down a little with the 80 lb test but you still can catch plenty of fish. Definitely helps with the gillhams monsters the Wels catfish and the monster Muskies and pike.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Limadawg

Limadawg New Member

I tried your tips last night. Very first bite I don't let the ! show up once and I bring in a monster catfish that weight 263lbs. Then the next fish I hook is a Siamese Carp that was over 100lbs. Lol. All together I brought in like 6 fish over 100lbs. Thanks

Also, you mentioned the 80lb line. I was thinking about getting the 50lb black line. Was curious if the 80lb is a must for larger fish or will the 50 be just as good?

Thanks again for the help.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

No you can use 50 for large fish. Just the drag you need to lower more. I have believe it or not brought in a 300 lb arapaima on 4 lb test. Just takes more concentration. Line type is also a consideration so that 50 lb black braid may get more bites because it’s harder to see and the fluorocarbon I do notice a different on bite rate because the fish can’t see it and from what I can see it does reflect in the game. I know a lot of people use 50 and 80 lb test for bass and on online tournaments which I don’t do but I have experimented with line types and sizes and think most bang for buck is the 50 or 80 lb.

• Like Like x 2
  9. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

Legit. When i fish gillhams i keep the rod all the way back, drag on 39, reel in and play games on my phone until its landed. Its not even fun anymore, the bass fight harder.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah when you catch a 200 lb plus fish it’s just hold the rod back and squeeze the trigger. Guys us an elastic to hold the trigger down