Ts20: The Train That Wouldn’t Quit

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 3, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Built as a stop-gap measure to temporarily increase capacity, the Pacer family has made itself known to many for their bumpy ride on the rails and their unexpected longevity in service. With their retirement finally on the horizon, it is time to look back at the beginning of their career with our new BR Class 142 for Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 5
  2. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Interesting to see the comparison between Armstrong Powerhouse's 142 and DTG's. Would also like to hear the sounds

3. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Talk about out of left field :D

4. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Ooooh, I like this. Better than the AP version (and I'm usually happy with their stuff).

Though obviously I'd be even happier to see some of the gaping holes in TS traction, new EMUs and AC slam door stock, I think this is a worthwhile duplication. May also point towards DTGs next route, though surely one with OHL is overdue. But for now, nice one DTG.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

From experience they don't normally do that... Even if this opens up a whole world of Southern Wales, Northern and even SouthWestern routes I don't remember DTG releasing a consist and then the routes for it later

• Like Like x 1
  6. trainman10000

trainman10000 New Member

the store page says "as built condition", if thats so why isnt the original mechanical transmision audible and why does it have the same cummins engine sounds as the riviera 143

• Like Like x 1
  7. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

And why does it have the TPWS box?

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why is this better than the AP/Waggonz version?

9. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Maybe the exterior textures but other than that its a joke compared to AP's version.

10. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

In response:
    It looks better inside and out. I'm a Southerner so I have limited knowledge of how they sound in real life. So for me, I prefer it to the AP version and it opens up Workshop possibilities.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are two faults as it is modelled in as built condition
    [1] the engine and gearbox has the later cummings engine and final drive instead of the Leyland Engine and Self Changing Gearbox.
    [2] in the cab is a DRA and a TPWS set up which did not come in to use until many years later

But at least you can use the unit with the one livery in Workshop Scenarios rather than the AP version with it's 11 liveries.
    There are much better scenarios away from the Workshop that don't crash the game

Peter