PC Peninsula Corridor F40ph 2cat Is It Possible To Lower The Point Of View

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VION, Sep 26, 2019.

1. VION

VION Active Member

Hi all,
    Just went to purchase the Peninsula Corridor DLC and as I play mainly moving all the levers and switches with the mouse, in driver view is it possible to lower the point of view or to move back the point of view please.
    When yes how to do ? because when driving this loco, I'm feeling to have the nose too close of the windshield.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

That is not possible.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. VION

VION Active Member

That has the merit to be short and clear but on TS2020 with an old graphic engine this was possible and now using UE engine which is much more efficient that is not possible ? I don't really understand why. Happily we will get a TSW Editor to be able to modify some stuff if what I search to obtain could be included as possible modification.
    Cheers
    Gerard

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Some TSW locomotives have the ability to move the seat, but not all. And we won’t be able to modify certain things in the editor.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I don't know Anthony Pecoraro's sources of information, but I see no reason for so many of his posts to be down-voted, seemingly as a matter of reflexes.

• Like Like x 5
  6. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

To be honest I think seat / view adjustment is something that I would be very glad to have on TSW.

Regarding the F40PH itself, I was wondering and went to check how it looks in-game. In my opinion, you should be able to adjust the seat position and height. You can clearly see that the seat has all the knobs to do so. With most trains nowadays you're naturally able to adjust your seat since not every train driver is the same height.

Seat height has been proven possible to do on TS 2020, so I am pretty sure with some implementation on TSW it should also be possible. Or to make things slightly more simple, seat adjustment could work like on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, where you can adjust not only your seat but also many other things and you can do this in-game through a menu.

20190928142916_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. VION

VION Active Member

Yes indeed you are so right with your analyze; in TSxxxx it is possible to adjust the driver seat/view by tweaking some values in Cabview file or now with TS2020 it is an option camera to adjust the FOV/POV which is just wonderful. Why could it be not possible on TSW ? At the least we should be able to adjust the driver seat backward and in height that could be the minimum to suit what the players wish to adjust his suitable point of view. More I hope for a zoom out default to backward not only a zoom in and out /forward to default. Hope this feature will be added a day. I say that because (and I'm not the only one I think) I love to have all the levers and switches in my sight to be able to catch them with the mouse cursor without having to move my sight using the right mouse click.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

By the way, I am currently driving the Class 45 on TSW and it actually allows you to adjust the seat height accordingly. :)

9. VION

VION Active Member

Yes I know on Class40 Class37 and may be Class47 we can adjust the height of seat but what I would is to move back the seat to get a full view on the dashboard. i.e. on the US locos like GP38-2/GP40-2/SD40-2 it is impossible to catch the automatic brake handle with the mouse pointer unless to move the view using the right mouse button and in this case you lost the focus on the straight forward external view which is annoying. A move to back a bit would be very useful to see at the same time all the levers and switches to be able to catch them without to be constraint to move the view.

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Not sure if those seats can be moved irl. By the way, have you tried the SW1000R, you can move/rotate the seat to see behind you?

11. VION

VION Active Member

I don't need to look back. I have eyes to look forward but as the main of all the locos we don't be able to move a little back the driver seat, I mean about 15 to 20 cm back, at the least it will be very nice to zoom back to simulate the move back of the driver seat. That's all I wish.

12. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Though that may not be completely DTG fault. The way the designs in older American locos with the throttle, brake, and etc to the side is poor design. Though I don't think engineers even look at the controls if their well experienced TBH. My point is that your issues might be because of an old EMD cab design simulated very well.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

sd402cab.jpg
    Non moving seats+close panel= lack of sight.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. VION

VION Active Member

Yes may be but I wish to obtain like this:

or like this :

;-)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019