Fishing Sim World Need To D/l Whole Game Instead Of An Update????

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by jlpollard10, Sep 27, 2019.

1. jlpollard10

jlpollard10 New Member

Any reason why we need to download the full 27gig game instead of just updating it?
    Us poor bastards on a metered connection get killed on usage.
    This is on Xbox One.

2. jlpollard10

jlpollard10 New Member

Hello...anyone from Dovetail that can answer this for me?

3. cc7813

cc7813 New Member

Hi mate. As far as I can gather when they update they have to rewrite most of it to sort out bugs and updated features. As far as I have read that is why you download the whole thing again.

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot for a bug-fix update if there's not a load of new content in there. I remember there was a game on PS4 where an update came out and it was about 20-30GB - turned out it had been tagged incorrectly in the PS Store and they very quickly switched it so it became a few hundred MB instead. Maybe something similar going on here?

5. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

I had an issue with this they messaged me back it is something to do with the game engine handling updates and has nothing to do with them. So every update or patch that comes out the whole game has to be redownloaded.

6. jlpollard10

jlpollard10 New Member

I realize that's the easiest way to do it. You just fix a couple things and re-post it.
    I'm not the smartest guy around, but I do know just sending an update can be done with the right coders.
    I paid for the game and I'm on a metered connection.
    27+ gig takes a big chunk out of my allotted data cap.

7. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

Apparently this is an Xbox only issue and has something to do with how the Xbox handles updates for games using the Unreal engine.
    The issue was addressed by the devs during one of their live streams if I remember correctly.
    I can confirm that the issue doesn't exist on the PS4 version.