Tsw: Wuppertal Wonder

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 3, 2019.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

A couple very cool things from the trailer to take note of! 64D02827-6ADE-4E96-947D-32FCF070AF2C.png We have a fire that at least from the trailer looked very detailed. I’m assuming this isn’t just a random house fire!
    C95B063A-DDE0-40CA-BFC9-1ECC83963C63.png We can see the sky crane which loads and unloads containers is actually moving! Does this mean we will be able to see our train unloaded or that we will actually have to center the wagons so the crane can do it’s job?! I can’t wait to find out!
    91FBDE30-79E9-4390-89C0-A0FE81822A2F.png
    we also have a look of the “sky tram”? Which no matter what it’s really called looks fantastic in motion. I’m happy to see all of these things in the trailer and I’m excited for us to get our hands on it October 10th!

• Like Like x 5
  2. spina304

spina304 Member

House is part of one scenario.
    Cranes totaly not usefull until You get diesel shunter. Similar to the whole port area on MSB and any non electrified german part of route .
    Last thing I'm not 100% sure, but probably it's only one spot in whole route when You will able to see sky tram.

3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

An email recently sent from DTG stated that you can pre-order the new Rhein Ruhr Osten: Hagen-Wuppertal on the Dovetail store, or maybe if you're a console player, on the PlayStation Store or the Microsoft Store!!

4. MetrolinkF125#916

Well that's a first from DTG!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

The route looks great but its only 30km. But 6 locos if you own msb, rsn, 155 and 182. I hope theres lots of services. My home city Melbourne, Australia(4.5m people) has a metro network, after looking up the route lengths, after comparing rro with the metro routes rro would be a medium route and its about the same length as the craigieburn line which is 27km in length with 18 stations about 44 mins on a perfect day. 30km is not bad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MetrolinkF125#916

Like another person said in the previous discussion, you shouldn't judge a route from it's length. Sure it may be a short route, but think about how much detail and reality could be packed in this route. You though Peninsula Corridor was the most realistic route, now, with the inclusion of the "Schewebahn" system in this route, you can run trains with a little more reality than leaving detail out. Google Earth images state how the Schewebahn prototypically operates next to Rhein Ruhr Osten. Also, the fact that if you own RSN or MSB the new route will feature those trains in this route and more services is quite surprising, almost a first from DTG!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

The house fire is intriguing, i'm interested to see what the context of that is. Maybe you have to transport some water to assist the fire crew?

• Like Like x 3
  8. MetrolinkF125#916

DTG clearly stated that if you own MSB or RSN, then you would have more services to drive with the locomotives from those routes.

9. MetrolinkF125#916

Actually yes, the article stated that you will get more services and be able to drive the existing locomotives from RSN or MSB in RRO.

10. MetrolinkF125#916

Imagine that! Hence the tank trains in the screenshots!!!

11. MetrolinkF125#916

I can see why, because I honestly don't really care about the length of routes DTG releases, as long as I am satisfied with the detail, loco sounds and handling. I also think that any route is a good route, you just have to take note of all the cool features this route has to offer, and if I have a smooth, fun, and satisfying gameplay experience, I'm all good (someone back there mentioned a working container unloader crane, burning fire, and the Schewebahn functioning tram, which sounds AMAZINGLY cool; can't wait!)!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I can see where you're coming from, but frankly, that corelation (length to enjoyability) is not linear. Would you buy a five mile route because you could drive it twenty times a day? And great landscapes, well that's what I play the Witcher or Skyrim or even GTA 5 for, but not train simulator. Nice sceneries are nice to have of course, but not a core feature. And 3 or four hours... what do you think how long it takes to do a flight once across Europe or coast to coast in the US?

And on that hypothetical 330 mile route (not an unrealistic number in TS2019 btw) we could still do our short local trains, but in addition, true long-hauling as well.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If it was Thomas The Tank Engine perhaps. Maybe its one of the lines thats closed due to fire. The scenario being a diversion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Fire trains DO exist. Russia has them. China has them. America has them. And if ones out and about and there's a house fire near the tracks fire fighters can't reach, I don't think there just pass them by. Before you say " That's ridiculous" it's called a scenario, anything could happen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  16. Big Papi34

Russia: Russian-Railways-firefighting-train-Poezd-500x333.png
    Swiss: Windhoff_Swiss_fire_train.jpg
    American rt-fire_train_hero-story.jpg
    Couldn't find China's fire train, but they do have one. So the scenario he described might be possible.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Big Papi34

So why did my post post twice? And that's an interesting article about fire trains.

18. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

In Switzerland the purpose is fighting fires in the long tunnels too.

19. thearkerportian

Firefighters (the kind that put out regular house fires) don't come by train in Germany. We have rescue trains, some of which have firefighting capabilities, but these are for fires in areas where firefighter normally canct reach. In tunnels etc.

20. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Knowing the "right" answer to everything must be very comforting.

• Like Like x 1
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Everyone enjoys a killjoy -- but is this one actually in the know?

22. Big Papi34

I actually got a good laugh out of this.

• Like Like x 1
  23. spina304

spina304 Member

I still remember hype about port area in Msb. And how some of forum member's was complaining about it after relase.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Comforting to know the most obvious answer to the question posed? ......sure

25. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The only killjoy is you, LastTrainToClarksville. With your constant barrel of negative comments and unprovoked attacks towards people.

• Like Like x 6
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Why is the price so expensive for only can drive 30 Kilometer? It’s only half the route from Ruhr Sieg Nord with was like 60 Kilometer

• Like Like x 2
  27. thearkerportian

While they still didnt use trains, just today a local article came out about a fire in a restaurant/bar/pub something of that kind. It was located on a hilltop and they struggled to get water to fight the fire up there, so they had tanker trucks shuttle back and forth and get it up the hill that way. Now where did this all happen? Well, Hagen of course! Where else? :D

28. deier

deier New Member

Something that i can’t understand is bugging me off,i already preordered the route but i can’t understand one thing,if i own RSN,can i play a service throughout the 2 routes?i mean,start from siegen for example and end in wuppertal.

29. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Nope. The routes are completely on their own. So you cant drive a Train from Finnentrop to Hagen (Siegen isnt in RSN) , change trains and go from Hagen to Wuppertal in one go.

• Like Like x 1
  30. deier

deier New Member

Thanks for the reply,it would be great to drive a RE from Finnentrop to Wuppertal,hope we will see something like this in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  31. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Haha there is no RE from Siegen to Wuppertal and it was never be in Real Life

32. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Hello DTG!
    Before preorder, I want to know more about freight services on this route.
    Can you update this cross-compatibility tab with DB 155, MRCE 185.5 and all freight wagons(cars)? [​IMG]
    Any info about major game update/bugfix ?
    Can you make Journey Mode chapters to have custom rank or rank setup priority switch freight/passenger?
    THANKS!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  33. thearkerportian

I highly doubt you will be doing any banking between Hagen and Wuppertal. What about the BR155 btw? ;)

34. Matto140

MSB route have some specific frieght service types that RRO can't host, but can MRCE 185.5 lead banker heavy freight form Aschaffenburg?
    RRO lines will most likely be:
    Passenger S8, Passenger RE, Frieght (or frieght can by sorted in more categories heavy, light, bouble head, mixed, container, steel, fuel)
    DUSS-Terminal isn't right destination for steel or fuel trains so this part of freight services should start/end at different destination, or?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  35. MADxHAWK

MADxHAWK Member

Well so how about fixing bugs in already published routes or publish the damn scenario editor you annonced over a year ago?
    TSW is at best at an early alpha stage but not a full sized game but you keep pushing new DLCs instead of fixing old bugs.
    Dont know what im talking about?
    Signaling on every german route is crap. You should know from Railworks what Hp2 means.Just a little hint, proceed with 40km/h if no other speed is given by a Zs3 Signal. Do signals limit the Speed? No they dont you can pass a Hp2 signal with full line speed. With some luck there is a speed limit on the line a few 100m behind the signal.
    The scenarios a deadly boring, even the timetable scenarios. You drive a fright train? you always have free line, no use of sidings to let passanger trains pass, no use of sidings to bring or get frightcars to / from.
    1/3 of the rout you never will see cause there are no scenarios for it, there is no free roam to explore the route

This game after over 1 year is still at best at 50% ready to release and yet you keep freaking publishing routes with the same errors like previous released routes.
    What you doing here is close to comercial fraud and sadly i cant refund this game and the add ons i got gifted.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. AlexTheMole

AlexTheMole Active Member

I have to agree, the state of the game is poor. I consider TSW to be in early access at best! I have played it to death, haven't even touched it since the Peninsula Corridor came out and to be fair I'd done all I wanted to with that route in about 3 days. As it stands the game has almost no re-playability. You do the pre-made scenarios, you do a few services and you've done everything. Anything else is just repeating the same over and over and over again.

I play this, Train Sim 2019 and Trainz: A New Era and have spent stupid amounts on dlc for them, but I cant see myself ever playing this again unless major changes are made. I even stopped streaming TSW because I couldn't think of anything new to do for each stream, whereas Trainz and TS provides me with near endless possibilities. No steam traction, no freeroam, no editor, no 3rd party content......these should all be BASICS in any train simulator game!

This route adds nothing new, it doesn't further the game in any way! Oh but we should feel lucky, it has branded containers! It's yet another German route that looks the same as all the others, with trains that look basically the same as all the others. And once again we fall into the same trap of UK, Germany, USA, rinse, repeat! I had so much hope for TSW, I really thought it would improve the train sim world and be something amazing.....oh how disappointing it is. Train Simulator 2019 with all it's faults is 10x the game this is. Once all the things listed above are in TSW, I might come back to it. But until then my money will keep going to TS/Trainz.

• Like Like x 12
  37. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Alex, I completely agree with you! Although I have the money for it, I am still thinking like where does my money really go to? Also, the Player-to-company feedback is very poor with a lot of bugs still in there and the game feels indeed like it's the same over again and again. I would hope that DTG really reads their own forums, takes note of it, and makes TSW great. It has the potential to be great, no doubt about that.

• Like Like x 6
  38. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

These complaints are valid and it does feel like we are treading water somewhat until the content tools get released. Depending on how the Steam workshop integration works and how quickly 3rd parties adapt to them....we could see a flood of content (good and bad) hit Steam afterwards which could alleviate alot of current complaints re the usual UK/US/DE content loop.

I think TSW has a bright future and we do need to be (more) patient...it will get there in time. I think we can all agree that the framework is solid and has improved since the initial 2017 release.

• Like Like x 3
  39. londonmidland

Ask yourself this; what has really changed from release of TSW, apart from a few UI menu changes?

- STILL no editor
    - STILL no extra/additional scenarios
    - STILL no proper 2D map
    - STILL no live train information/passenger information system and announcements

A few things may have changed behind the scenes, but what has really changed for the end user?

Arguably routes seem to be getting shorter, as well as deteriorating in quality and a reduction of included DLC’s with the route.

• Like Like x 9
  40. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Granted most of the changes have been under the hood. TSW:HH back at release had terrible performance with high end PCs, unable to maintain 30fps let alone 60...compare that to now and we can for the most part easily maintain 60fps on those same PCs

To be fair; The 'proper 2D map' & 'live passenger info systems' are a wishlist feature rather than a showstopping bug. You may need to wait for the tools to see those types of things implemented. Personally, I also would love to see some things added such as dynamic weather and cab shake...again these are just niceties and not high priority things to be fixed in any way.

The point about additional scenarios can also be bundled in with the editor (which I don't need to comment on as I covered that in my last post)

• Like Like x 2
  41. Matto140

Just looking forward to this stream[​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  42. BjornGroen02NL

hmmm imagine how much times you can drive this route in 1.5 hours XD I am also interested in the stream since that is the way to see the scenery, and how the route really looks.

43. thearkerportian

...maybe also the chance to get a first impression of the ET 422's sound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Nice to have the destination boards in the train active though.

• Like Like x 3
  45. londonmidland

Its nice, yes, and I can only hope it’s a step further towards a fully working passenger information system.

• Like Like x 1
  46. thearkerportian

It probably is, we should look forward to see it implemented in every (applicable) passenger train by 2024 maximum.

47. BjornGroen02NL

what I hope though, is that DTG will also update older trains to this standard. Look at the BR 143 for example, it has PIS but it isn't functional. And it probably won't be, even when included in this route (when RSN is owned). There are of course other routes and trains where the same story applies. So DTG should really look into updating such little details instead of pumping out new DLC's. This is one of the thing that stress me about TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  48. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

As the consumer we shouldn’t be concerned with what is going on within the company as we are buying a product although maybe the reason they haven’t done that is because they need the income to be able to pay the people doing the work. So if they are updating older routes that won’t bring in any income they might not be able to make a new route. Assuming they will when they get to the point they can pay people to work on updates and also be creating new content that will bring in money. I’m not sure of the condition of Dovetails profits and the company though.

49. thearkerportian

Customer goodwill is a currency. And DTG are shoving it out the window in buckets.

• Like Like x 3
  50. londonmidland

I doubt DTG will go back to older DLC’s and update them to include working destinations.

Perhaps third party or the community can somehow make this happen, when DTG finally lets outsiders access to what is currently a locked out game via the editor.