PlayStation Ps5 Haptic Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Doomotron, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Sony have revealed haptic feedback for the DualShock 5, which is a complete replacement of the rumble motor. This would be really useful in a train simulator, as currently it is guesswork knowing what a train is doing. In tests using a PS5 port of Gran Turismo Sport, players returning to the PS4 have described the rumble motors as not helpful at all knowing what's going on.

Dovetail may want to have a look at this...

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Haptic feedback includes vibration, so maybe they're just inducing it in a different way to having a wobbly rotating weight inside the controller. The iPhone already does this.
    Don't see how this would affect TSW really unless the vibration can be much more subtle, but then you get into vibration white finger possibilities if you have something in your hand vibrating for up to three hours

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Maybe future console DLCs could include the spec sliders that the PC version has. Provided that the PS5 is capable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doomotron

Haptic feedback on the DS5 basically is a bit like force feedback, in GTS the drivers were much more able to understand what the car was doing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

If it could replicate the weight of the levers, the notches etc...

• Like Like x 1
  6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

• “Wired’s writer held a prototype of the new PS5 controller and wrote that it seems similar to a PS4 controller. It will include a speaker and—here comes some of the jargon you’ll start to see reporters and game makers using to discuss next-gen hardware—“‘adaptive triggers’ that can offer varying levels of resistance to make shooting a bow and arrow feel like the real thing.”
    • Wired was also impressed with the improved haptics/rumble in the controller, reporting this of their time using it to play demos created by the Studio Japan team behind PS4 VR game Astrobot Rescue Mission: “On ice, a high-frequency response made the thumbsticks really feel like my character was gliding. Jumping into a pool, I got a sense of the resistance of the water; on a wooden bridge, a bouncy sensation.”.” taken from an article posted on Kotaku about the new controller.

https://kotaku.com/the-playstation-5-will-launch-in-late-2020-and-yes-i-1838869958

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Theres also ray tracing and a Solid State Drive. Couldnt wish for more, from a TSW perspective?

• Like Like x 1
  8. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

This is the PS4 section, I don't know why anything from the PC version is mentioned here, they have their own section? :mad:

9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Is this in regard to me quoting the current High end PC spec in comparison to what the PS4 successor, the PS5 might be capable of, and how the future console versions could reflect this?

• Like Like x 1
  10. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The big question is: Will DTG provide a "port" / or release new routes for PS4 and 5 (aswell as Xbox One and Scarlett) or will it just be playable with a slight performance boost given the better hardware specs.

Since they havent even done a PS4 Pro / One X enhanced Version of the game so far i dont think they will specifically utilize the PS5 / Scarlett hardware for new routes. The game will keep getting developed for PS4 / Xbox One for quite some time.
    Install base of those Consoles is just greater than the new Gen at launch. I dont think they have the team size and resources to optimize new routes for PS5 / Scarlett , PS4 / Xbox One and PC at the same time.

So we will probably play a slightly better running version of the current TSW without any big graphic leap on the new Consoles. The new Haptic Feedback wont be of any use because the game wont be a PS5 title for quite some time.
    (Heck we dont even have basic Controller Vibration Feedback currently)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Thats exactly my question.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Fast, fluid, steady frame rates are far more important than haptic feedback in my opinion

13. Doomotron

Let's get realistic here. TSW2 is made by Dovetail Games.