Db Br 101 And The Ic Wagon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ilba8765, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

DB BR 101 and the IC Wagon

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 25
  2. Ilba8765

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  3. Ilba8765

• Like Like x 3
  4. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Very good proposal. I would love to drive that fast locomotive with IC Waggons too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. juliusarnold01

juliusarnold01 New Member

Great Idea!

• Like Like x 1
  6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Good idea! May I add a matching cab car to the mix though?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  7. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Very nice Idea, it would be awesome to get more varity into the passenger stock on german routes

• Like Like x 2
  8. thearkerportian

well first we'd need a route where we can really use them. MSB might work, RT would work if we got the above-ground parts of Leipzig Hbf, but RSN has no IC traffic in reality..

• Like Like x 2
  9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I asked for DB 101 (and old DB 103) since the day one. But actually, in all german Dlc the IC trains have not 2 stations to stop. They run in MSB line (only from Aschaffenburg to before Lohr where they join the high speed line for north and south direction: usually they comes from Frankfurt, stop in Aschaffenburg (MSB) and continue to the south to Nurberg, Stuttgart, Munchen, etc. Also ICE 3 series run in the same line, some of them reach Wien in Austria) and Aschaffenburg its the only station they have a stop. In new dlc, RRO they surely run too, but Im not sure they stop in point A (Hagen) and point B (Wuppertal). Its probable they have only one stop also in RRO line. I pray to have DB 101 in IC service in the next german dlc.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  10. thearkerportian

There are IC services connecting Wuppertal and Hagen. NRW is Germany's most densely populated state, especiallyethe Rhein-Ruhr areaa so in that area IC (even ICE) is barely distinguishable from RE in some ways.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Yes, but I mean DTG has "strategically"? not insert in the Dlc(s) main cities like Frankfurt, Hanau, Dusserdolf, Dortmund. All cities located near the MSB dlc, and RRO dlc. So, like you confirmed actually we will can drive just 1 IC service (very short service: 5 mins to run from Wuppertal Hbf to Hagen Hbf? Lol!) and that is the reason why we still have not german IC "trains" along our german dlcs routes. Strategically also because there is an important station\city for IC stop also after Gemunden (in MSB), at Wurzburg but they cut the MSB route at Gemunden and to north direction, after Aschaffenburg, there is Hanau, but its out of the our MSB route. And with RRo its the same. So, also in the future, if they will create an IC focused dlc, we can't use these IC locos and wagons also in our old german dlcs, cause we have not a point A and point B to stop.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  12. thearkerportian

Gemünden actually is (or was?) an IC stop, so we could use them realistically on MSB. RRO as well, but yeah... 15 minutes? 20 minutes driving time between the end points?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Creefab

Creefab Member

Yes you are right...but ic-trains do run on Ruhr-Sieg-Nord between Wuppertal and Hagen for example. Even if if would just be a five Minute drive...I personally would'nt care. It would just add to the variety of trains on that route and would increase the population of that route... And that would be awesome!
    In my personal opinion the most of the time completely empty train stations like Hagen Hbf for example are the bigger emersion-braker in TSW.
    It would be just so great if we could drive into Hagen or Wuppertal Hbf and an IC or ICE would drive past.
    Of course there has to be an high-speed route coming to the game...but at the moment dovetailgames has Problems making routes, that are longer than around 60 km...So that would be a problem too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thearkerportian

Five minutes? Are you exaggerating? Variety? Well, good to have for sure, but I definitely expect more than a train that's mainly just nice to look at for my money.

15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Matt said on stream last night that almost all the German DLC run on this route in some form as AI or drivable layers so there will be a bit of diversity, if only up to regional rather than intercity level.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Creefab

Creefab Member

Yes and that is amazing...finally more diverse traffic. But if they decide to add an ICE route in the future for example, it would be great if they let it run around on the Ruhr-Sieg-Ost in a new DLC-layer just like they did it with the REs. But with the layering sytem they did an really great job.

17. Creefab

Creefab Member

Obvoiusly that ICE train would have to come from another, longer route in the future. But when such a train becomes available it would be cool to see it on the older (other) routes too where they fit thematicly. I have'nt ment that they should release just the train as a dlc for Ruhr-Sieg-Ost. That would indeed be quite a ripoff. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I played RRO, it's fun. If we have all german dlc\train add-ons we can meet a lot of different trains (something like in a real route). So I noticed along the main line there are many RE services (DB 143, DB 146). They have only 4 stops, almost like an IC service. I believe DTG can "technically" replace a part of them with a new IC (DB 101 + IC cars) add-on without meet a serious problems with the RRO actual timetable. Ok, Intercities are usually a bit faster and probably have only 2 stops (not 4 like an RE), but I noticed there are spaces to add or replace some service if they want to release this new add-on. It will be also a new train in our collection and DTG can use it also in next german dlc(s).

• Like Like x 2