What Will The Next Uk Route Be?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UnlimitedMagic, Oct 2, 2019.

1. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

My guess is either Tyne Valley line or Manchester - Liverpool with a 142 and containers.

142 then becomes available to use on the TVL and we have the starting point of a TVL addon pack that utilises the container yard that is built but is unavailable.

I'm hoping modern(ish) day but I think it'll be same era as TVL and include a class 57.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

knowing how DTG work itd be birmingham new street to birmingham international at £29.99

• Like Like x 1
  3. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

£29.99 LOL ah man you guys do make me laugh, thank you, work is a strain at the moment with everyone so uptight.

This made my day. DTG shouldn’t of done Hagen (we have already) and mark it as a new route when the extension to Rhur Sieg would of been great. They’re the devs and can’t push the envelope; what hope do you all have with an editor to push the envelope? Me wonder

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

Still amazes me that TSW was most played, purchased and got the most hype when GWE was released, yet they still havnt made an up-to-date or modern UK route since, sales figures and exposure have never reached the same height since.......but still throw out routes from USA and germany‍♂️

• Like Like x 4
  5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Well TSW was pretty much all new then, GWE was the first add-on ever, and the first ever time you could drive passenger trains. That will be more explanatory as far as the hype goes than what country, era or particular route it was.

Fast forward to today, many people have realized TSW is only really able to outshine its predecessor in terms of graphics and the ability to get out of the driver's seat and walk around freely, which of course is a difference in kind rather than in scale. Game-changing in the most literal meaning of the term. And game-changing in a very good way imo.

And as far as Germany is concerned, it seems TSW sticks to how it is with TS20xx: British or American content tends to be decent to good overall, but for German DLCs you'll be hard pressed to find one without at least one glaring issue, and usually more than one. Almost as if it was a different team of developers who just aren't up to what they're doing.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Id imagine from a business perspective that a pacer would be a great seller in its own right as an add on and wouldn't need to be backed up by a route.
    I think there may, and may still have been great plans for GWE. Train operators on this route since, might have been difficult to work with in terms of the access that DTG needed, post the original dlc.

7. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a route where I can drive my class 52 with topspeed or where I can drive the iconic HST 125. Sure I can drive it on GWE like I do it so much. But it drives not there anymore in real since this year. So we could have a route where it drives in TSW and in real too. I like the HST 125 so much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

here’s what happens on RT with outside camera

A95B6A75-F66B-4C29-A51C-458437DD2BF0.jpeg

9. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Of course because they can't just fill all the space outside the station because they didn't want to do that

10. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I don’t think we’ll get a modern UK route until an editor is in other peoples hands; if there can be an editor, who knows with Unreal Engine 4; if third parties can edit.

This is probably why TS2020 is still going or whatever version Railworks is now, because all of the peripherals are already there its just a shame The GWR was left in the hands of Just Trains when there are other more passionate devs out there

11. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nothing stopping others developing the same route.
    As an example the par area is in WML from JT and "China Clay for Export" which was done by Creative Rail

12. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

I love the 80s British routes. Id love a Scottish route with a 37, 24 and 05 or a modern British route with the 66 as it is underutilized in gwe

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Could do a modern route quite easily without it being built for a 66. Those engines are everywhere. Should just be a sub from GWE.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Taking into consideration that they made another route with hagan on it, im going to kick my self for this, i wouldnt be surprised if we saw the class 101 again, this time from leeds to scarborough or leeds - hull

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've done the NTP tutorial in the 101 and not bothered touching it since. It's not even registering a single mile on my totals page! If they reuse that anywhere else, or do yet another "grim up north in the 80s" route, I'm definitely not buying it!

• Like Like x 3
  16. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

I havent touched tsw since it update to 2020, i only like british routes but im sick to death of the class 101

• Like Like x 1
  17. thearkerportian

If it really needs to be 80's again, it damn better be very different in another way. Maybe something South of London in the 80's, with maybe class 73, 421, 319, 455s and the likes. Network Southeast, Gatwick Express, Chatham, Brighton... possibilities there are enough. The nineties meanwhile wonder what they have done wrong...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Yeah some third rail action for expansion, or OHLE for the Northern routes; there's the East Coast mainline which can incorporate the Thameslink line, or if they wanted to go back to the 80s they could do Liverpool Street and Broad Street.

But id really hope for some third rail possibly. Hope is a strong word...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

A chance to use the 33 too of course. Class 50s out of Waterloo would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah we need to be able to open the throttle on the 33. Fingers crossed for GWE subs. A class 50 would be ideal for me in a late 80s Riviera route. Saying that. I think another modern era should be next.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I agree. Much as I love the variety of 70s/80s/90s traction, happy to see a modern route. Prefer locomotives though so 67/68/70 would be welcome.

22. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I would love to drive a Class 50 during the 90's at some point but I think it about time to revisit the modern era. I will die a happy man behind the controls of a pendolino.

• Like Like x 3
  23. ted50035

ted50035 New Member

Virgi
    Virgin era with 87s 90s DVT’s and 56s on freight would be nice

• Like Like x 2
  24. Ross12

Ross12 New Member

Well, I would like to see an underground route, but the problem is, if you wanted to do Modern Day, a lot you would find is automated so there would be little for the player to do. It would be good though seeing part of the MET line from a few years back were you could drive Mainline from Amersham to Marylebone or MET line from Amersham to Baker Street (maybe even Aldgate). 3 Trains: Class 165 Chiltern, S8 Stock & A Stock (Maybe even a 1996 Stock for part of the Jubilee Line but I doubt that would happen)…

• Like Like x 1
  25. thearkerportian

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-railway-fenchurch-street-shoeburyness.17668/

• Like Like x 1
  26. Ross12

Ross12 New Member

I think this would be a good route, but I would suggest Liverpool Docks and Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Victoria via Earlstown. This would allow Passenger Trains (Trans-Pennine Express Class 185s and Northern Class 319s and Class 323s) to run between Liverpool Lime Street & Manchester Piccadilly & Manchester Victoria but also allow freight trains to run between Old Trafford Freight Yard and Liverpool Docks...

27. GEO512

GEO512 New Member

I think riviera line (modern day) in south Devon would be nice. The route being Exeter - Paignton and Plymouth as well to make it a full length route. Trains could include Class 150 sprinters, Class 143 pacers, Class 220/221 Voyagers, short set HSTs and maybe a reused GWE HST. A reused class 66 would also be nice to implement somehow. I think this route would add variety, from the seaside to Dartmoor to either city. Equally the variety of trains would also make it a fun route to drive.
    Other routes I have in mind (which seem to be popular here) are Glasgow - Edinburgh, Manchester - Liverpool, or somewhere along the SWML. I feel this would all need to modern because there are no UK routes which are up-to-date currently.

• Like Like x 7
  28. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

The Midland Main Line, Sheffield to Derby would be welcome. Just Trains recently released it but I’d like to see DTG have crack and extent to East Midlands Parkway or maybe even Loughborough.

29. Ross12

Ross12 New Member

I think that would be a good route, especially a variety of trains they could have, e.g. 222, 156, 158, 153 etc.

• Like Like x 2
  30. deancalder15

deancalder15 Active Member

Hunterston coal terminal to Longannet power station via Glasgow, Larbert, Stirling and Alloa. Some train stop at Alloa Loop wait for other train come pass. Used Class 66 EWS AND Freightliner with coal wagons.

31. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I realise it might be a few route cycles down the line but yes. Id like to drive the HST with multiple stops sweeping s bends, lots of cab sway between 75 and 110 mph. Preferably valenta era. Sprinters, Pacers an EWS 66. Space for a charter train.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

we need class 50s on the riviera line with lots of clagg , what they were renown for. or any line they run on from exeter, sailsbury etc

33. fawltyaces

fawltyaces New Member

Riviera line Exeter - Paignton late 80s/early 90s with HST in blue/yellow or IC exec, large logo 50s and 47s on mark I or IIs (could reuse the Pennine sets and reskin the 47 from that) and pacers or 1st gen dmus on the locals.
    Find it a little odd that so many classes have been represented and yet still no 50s out there.

• Like Like x 1
  34. thearkerportian

What's so special about 50s? Arent they more or less identic to the 47? If so, no. Not again please. Pacers, 150s, something of that nature, that would be a nice change if it really needs to be historic Britain once again. Riviera Line is a top notch suggestion though.

35. ARuscoe

36. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

No they are not. Only 50 class 50s were made. More powerful than a 47. For many years after the Deltics were withdrawn, they were the only 100mph diesel locomotives in the UK. All named after warships. English Electric machines with English Electric engines rather than Brush with Sulzer engines. Sounded very different to 47s.

37. thearkerportian

Well different sound and faster, OK, but still seems very much like a variation of the same basic design. Like 40 and 45, or 101 and 105/117/121 and what they all were.

38. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Well, you could argue they are the same because they are all locomotives and I understand that. Aren't all locomotives a variation of the same basic design? I think all German and US stuff is the same too but if you delve deeper, I'm sure there's more to it than that.

39. thearkerportian

It certainly depends a lot on that you take into account. Visuals inside and out? Yeah same thing 47 and 50 (and 57 too for obvious reasons), who are you kidding. 50 and, let's say 52 or 58.. entirely different design.

I guess it's like that all over the world, if you take two engines from roughly the same era they'll have more commonalities than differences overall. It's just a reasonable thing to do from a railway company perspective. Here in Germay we're lucky that we had that thing with the wall back then... two different countries with two very different design philosophies in engines, both aetheticly and from an operations standpoint. Gives DB's fleet quite a boost in variation still today, not gonna lie.

40. ARuscoe

Nope, designed and built by different companies in different ways using different engines. The 50 is 5 feet longer, heavier, always capable of ETH and multiple working whereas the 47 had to be retrofitted for this (thought to be powerful enough)

41. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It depends on how much knowledge or interest you have. I'm sure if you ask someone that has neither, they would think they were all the same. Bit like cars, planes, phones. Many people don't care enough, so one car looks like another. It's only if you are into them that differences matter.

42. thearkerportian

Well I care about the railway obviously, but that doesn't exlude calling similar engines similar. Let's take the BR146.2 and 185.2. Both 2nd generation TRAXXes. One goes 160 km/h maximum, the other 140. One is multisystem, the other isn't. One was designed mainly with passenger trains in mind and has destination panels and what not, the other is primarily a freighter - that still comes with a TAV system to control the coach doors though. All that doesn't mean they aren't VERY similar in an awful lot of regards though. Probably more than either of them has in common with, say, a first generation TRAXX, the BR146/BR185.1 respectively.

43. fawltyaces

fawltyaces New Member

Around a third of 50s made it into preservation showing their popularity, they were geographically more restricted than 47s (London Midland and then Western regions including Waterloo-Exeter) and made a (very) different sound to a 47. Other than them being British diesels very little in common.

44. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Y'all are too pessimistic. I think we'll see an introduction of high speed rail with HS1, St. Pancras-Stratford International.

EDIT: If it isn't a modern route... I don't know what I'll do, but you get the point,

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  45. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I like the Class 50s. The Deltics could be awesone, too. We really need steam engines such as the LNER A3 and A4 Pacifics (Flying Scotsman is an A3; Mallard is an A4.), LMS Black Fives, GWR Castles, or a few steam shunters or other engines.

46. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

They have 50s in TS 2019 the hoovers on the riviera so why cant we on TSW

47. ARuscoe

Only if Eurostar really change their licensing policy, which they haven't done in 20 years

• Like Like x 1
  48. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Would love to see the Eurostar on TSW but I just can’t see it happening unfortunately.

49. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

That is like saying a Koenigsegg is similar to a Austin 7 as they are variations of the same basic design!

The are lots of differences between a class 50 and 47, I wouldn't even say they look that similar, different power units, different builders, different power rating. Similar with the class 40 and 45 just because they vaguely have a similar shape!

As for the class 101 and the other DMU's they shared the same basic concept but there are low density or suburban designations, many had different front ends. There is so much variety in DMU's which are not really represented by just having the class 101 in NTP as in 1983 you could have seen probably nearly ten different classes of DMU in the Manchester and Leeds area which had their own characteristics.

50. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

The London Underground has a non automated mode for trains so it's possible to do a route