Expansion For Northern Trans Pennie's Class 101

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

There was also a class 102 ( 1 point better) that did some work on this line as well as a 101 livery Regional Railways which had livery of white, blue stripes with some more blue and yellow which did the regional jobs . Wouldn't be a bad idea to have this part of the route, it add some more flavor to the 101, it already being very interesting and different BR_class_101_680.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

That livery didn't exist in 1983 I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

What do you mean? I may of gotten things mixed up? It existed tho but surely it could be available. Although it says the route itself, theme is 1983. I know wikipedia tells the photo is shown from 1998 of the unit but the unit itself isn't from then? But the regional railways was created in 1982 that existed until 1997. It's still plausible to have this livery in TSW because it falls in that year category unless I may of missed something else

4. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Regional Railways may have existed as a "department" of British Rail in 1982 but it didn't have a special livery until much later. Fleet "pools" and sectorisation didn't really kick in until the late 80s when rolling stock was assigned a four letter sector code and eventually given a livery to match when a repaint was due. Many of the newly built Sprinters were delivered in a similar livery but from memory it was generally called "Provincial" livery and didn't say Regional Railways on them at all. Think that branding came in the 90s.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

I think that the 101 on the NTP would look well with the RR livery, on a more modern setting. The one thing that gets me, is the route is set in 1983, but the interior is that of a RR moquette. I did notice that the Tees 101 does have the correct version, although minus the 1st class section.

Would be nice to get a 104/105/108 as well as the 101.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Could be RR livery on Tees Valley?

7. hibiki

hibiki Well-Known Member

Reading the Railcar website, RR seemed to start in 92, so not sure. Although IMO I couldn't see why not. Likewise, you could have Class 141 pacers on Huddersfield to Leeds services, as they entered service in 84.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Always funny to see how the British are denied even the option substitute engines because "wrong headlamps for 1983 on that class 37" or something, while the last time Germany got 100% the right rolling stock for a route was on... Rapid Transit?

143 on RSN? Wrong.
    DoSto on RSN? Wrong. Except for the RB56, but then, wrong generation.
    Any DB train at all on RSN in the era the route is built? Wrong.
    143 on MSB? Wrong.
    146 on MSB? Wow, right actually.
    422 on RRO? Kinda right, this puts the route into roughly 2010. The route is built with more recent scenery though. So, wrong.
    143 on RRO? Wrong.
    146 on RRO? Wrong.
    DoSto on RRO? Wrong generation for 2010.

All in all, that makes some 15% of German TSW rolling stock accurate to the route and era they mean to depict. And the poor British can't even get a new livery because it would be inaccurate. I wonder who of us is better off now...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It's an interesting point. I said in a message a few months ago that NTP/TVL doesn't have to necessarily stick to 1983/1989. I'm sure there's a time window that the routes would provide a reasonable representation and it's likely that there are accuracy issues anyway so pointless having them set in stone as it were. Happy to have Deltics on NTP for example despite them all being withdrawn at the beginning of 1982.

I guess it should be like a model railway and if I wanted to run a 66 on my layout despite it being set in 1983 then that's what I will do.

• Like Like x 2
  10. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, in the Tees Valley, the difference between 1989 and 1992 is a bit larger, as the Cargo Fleet and Grangetown stations were closed in 1991. But still the difference in landscape, scenery, look and feel of the area wouldn't be that much to make a Regional-painted 101 look out of place by any stretch of the imagination. Plus these two stations aren't used anyway from what I can tell, I haven't found a single train stopping there yet.

11. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Some will care and others won't but the choice should be left to the user in my opinion just as it would if it was your model railway.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I think its a problem of access to Train operators in the UK. Which could be why TSW is featuring past routes, nationalised railways. Getting loco info from preserved stock.
    DB and the German operators seem more helpful.

13. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I just hope that the next UK route is set within the past 15 years or so. If they bring out another route set in the 80’s I’ll lose hope and it’s would probably turn me off sticking with TSW/DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I wont be upset with a past route. However.
    I am ready for something fast, modern, with a bit of mileage.
    I cant imagine someone posting an article about a visit to Virgin trains on the TSW forum, if it wasn't going to pay off at some point.

• Like Like x 2