Low Loading Screen Resolution

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by PBrogaard, Jul 19, 2019.

1. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Hi

When starting TSW the white Dovetail screen shows up first scaled then shortly after it goes fullscreen as the game starts, however I can see the resolution for the image is low. Much lower than what I am running on, which is 2560x1440.

What matters more is, that every loading screen, where you see the default route map with hidden objects or some route information/advitisements or even more important the winner screenshot from the screenshot competition, are all in very low resolution. Everything else works fine.

Is there a regedit key somewhere, that should be edited or does anyone know a solution for this kind of issue?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've never observed these problems. Can you provide some screen shots, if that's possible? I have noticed that while the first (white) screen seems to stay on a bit longer, the following screen (that rather ridiculous "warning") and the next one respond immediately to a key push and the action begins -- well, after I identify my Player Profile.

3. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Without a screenshot I can't say for certain, but I think the issue might more be that the loading screen images are set to nearest neighbour interpolation, instead of the default.

So instead of scaling the 1080p image to your 2650 resolution evenly and interpolating the pixels nicely, it's only scaling up every third pixel (or some other number) which results in a blocky, uneven picture. I'm not sure why they would set it to this, as it's really only good if you're trying to emulate textures like a Playstation 1 had, or if you're scaling things by exact numbers (eg. 2x)

This happens on my screen too and I was thinking of starting a thread on it as well.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue as you, as the first loading screens are fine on my 3440x1440 screen, it's just the route loading ones that are bad.

4. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I use the same resolution 2560x1440, and I edit them with black frame arround.

• Like Like x 1