Ts 2020 Eula And Enhancements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by treid09, Oct 9, 2019.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

I recently saw a enhancement pack from a reputable third-party developer that adds new sounds to a type of locomotive in TS 2020. It also adds new features that weren't on the loco before such as a distance counter, and it changes the physics of the engine as well. My question is whether or not this is legal and would be okay to purchase for my locomotive. I ask because the TS 2020 EULA (yes, I read it) says that one can't "unpack" and modify the script of a product, which, if I am not mistaken, this enhancement pack does. I really don't want anything illegal on my sim. I don't want to mention the developer unless necessary, and I would love to hear from anyone knowledgeable, especially Dovetail staff. Thank you and God bless. [ I am also posting this thread on Bug Reports since I couldn't decide which section it would fit best.]

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Posting in more than one section is not good as it comes across as spamming the forum even though that might not be your intent.

Basically the EULA means if it breaks the train or route there is no support from DTG.
    And the people making these locos, scenarios, routes etc have by law the requirement to tell you about the EULA

But if you had a problem you would get the support from the people who made the Add-on.
    If you could not solve the problem it is a very simple process of downloading a fresh copy of the loco from your Steam account.

Peter

3. treid09

treid09 Guest

Yikes. That was not my intent and I apologize! Thanks for answering my question as well, that helps me understand it better.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are a good many third party add-ons from reputable companies and if there had been a problem on release it would have been fixed quickly. Check the Forums on RW America for reviews of what you might be thinking of getting.

Peter

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Thanks Peter. I am new to putting third-party content on TS, so I will take your advice. I just bought and installed the Jointed Rail Union Pacific SD40N from Searchlight Simulations (the same company that makes the enhancement pack I mentioned), and it is amazing. I highly recommend it!