Out Of Memory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Oct 10, 2019.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Try to run the simulator (Train Simulator 2020) few minutes ago but can't because of the error message -- OUT OF MEMORY. I am trying to access into graphic settings to lower but HOW? Because after clicked the icon with " Steam " on desktop then pick 64-bit to run the simulator after that got the error message popped up on the desktop screen. Here is the error message below:

RailWorks

Saved log to . . . . . .

F:\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Temp Dump\

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Info: OUT OF MEMORY

The system is unable to run this scenario on the current configuration, we suggest either lowering the graphical settings or attempting to run the game in the 64 bit version, if fails to resolve the issue please contact our Customer Support Team at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been trying to figure out how to get into graphic settings to lower the settings of my graphic card. Well my graphic card is ZOTAC Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB. That should be good to run this simulator right? And my desktop is Hewlett Packard Omen #870-119 with Intel I7-6700 3.4 GHz (boost up to 4.0 GHz) with 16 GB memory.

Let me know how to lower the graphic settings inside Train Simulator 2020 settings. I want to try this first to see if that is the problem or not.

Thank you,

John

2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi John,

There's a very easy method to reset your graphics settings without starting the software. Simply go to your Railworks folder (F:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Railworks), then into the Content folder and move the files called PlayerProfiles to a safe place like your Desktop (these files contain a record of your game progress as well as all your custom settings). Then try starting Train Simulator.

The software will automatically default to low settings on first run.

If you have no luck with this, please get in touch with Customer Support and provide them with a DxDiag file and the crashdump file referenced in your post above F:\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Temp Dump\ (add the entire contents of this folder to a zip file and attach the zip file to your ticket).

Hope this helps.

Best, Steve

3. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

do you have 64 bit OS or 32. you seem to meet the requirements tho that shouldn't be the problem. You should look at the task manager and see what uses up memory. Don't forget viruses and malware can eat memory fast. its important to run the game on the right "bits" ie. if you have 64 bit system, run that on 64 bits

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  4. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Gabe_1.0 -- thank you for your reply and my operating system is 64 version which is Microsoft Windows 10 Professional. I strongly don't think that is the problem with my desktop specifications to run the simulator, Train Simulator 2020 in 64 version. I will look up in Task Manager to see what is running with memory.

That is strange with this because I never have a problem before and after with the update of Train Simulator 2020. Ran into problem with this.

John

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with memory or the lack thereof. It's a program glitch which has an incorrect memory reference which makes windows complain

• Like Like x 1
  6. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I sent my ticket but don't know till tomorrow sometime as the support office is closed till tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. in British time. I live 5 hours behind British time and mine is Eastern Daylight Time which is 1:07 P.M. now as of writing my message here. I did try what TrainSim Steve suggested but still the same. Want to say thank you to you, ARuscoe for your message above. I thought that it's nothing to do with memory and is a program glitch.

John

7. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

My program of Train Simulator 2020 IS working now. I unsubscribe all workshop content and unsubscribe all DLC that I have in my train simulator. And started slowly to add one DLC at a time to make sure the program can run. More likely with the workshop content but I am not sure exactly with the problem. Will wait to hear from DoveTail support tomorrow I hope because their support members are not available last Friday -- no one in the office. One is on vacation and other did not come in to work.

Will let you know what the support team have to say after their investigation with my ticket.

Cheers,

John

8. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Most likely conflicts with the game and Windows. Check and update Windows for possible update.

9. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

If it's Windows Update and what should I do with this? And if that happen with Windows Update --the team of DoveTail Games start tp look into this update to avoid because there will be a big update in November. Right?

John

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And you think Dovetail Game will have full information from Microsoft about what changes will take place with the next update?

11. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I doubt that Dovetail Games will get full information from Microsoft. That would be nice if Microsoft let them know about the next update. I wonder if someone inside the Dovetail group is a member of Windows Insiders to get a preview of next update or fast ring or slow ring so they get the idea with any simulators that Dovetail have.

John

12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

This is one of the most unstable games on my system and I did tests with my GPU overclocking the memory to allow for more headroom, if I go too far it causes problems and TS still crashes the GPU.

It will crash at 40FPS or 60FPS it doesn't matter what the FPS. the advice to remove the playerprofiles i'll try but the best route to test stability on is Portsmouth Direct Line from Waterloo, the first career scenario. can barely get past Clapham Junction without it crashing the entire game.

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Portsmouth Direct Line from Waterloo causes a lot of scenarios to crash for a lot of people because of the large amount of assets.

Does it crash if you run the game in Offline mode?
    I have found that works on some routes that I have had problems with.

Peter

14. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I don't have the out of memory problem but did get the error after I had finished a career scenario instead of the game going to the points screen it CBTDT and I had the error message with 0000005 error code. That is the only time that I have had it. I tried the Portsmouth direct route I did a test from Waterloo to Woking with no issues. Most of the way the FPS hardly got over 14FPS I don't know how low it got as 14FPS seems to be the minimum it displays. I think what causes this is the high scenery density plus the AI trains at Waterloo. I have a GTX 1060 6gb card. Before that, I had a GTX 960 2gb card and on a US route, I purchased New Jersey Coast Morristown route my computer always crashed at a certain section with high scenery detail when I got the 1060 6gb card it no longer crashed. So I don't know whether these crashes have anything to do with how much ram your video card has.

15. Petros Efthimiou

Petros Efthimiou Member

And what action we can do so as to encounter this? :D Thanks

16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Bugger all, just explaining that it has nothing to do with how much memory you have or how much is in use, and it's everything to do with something that's in the code which is asking the memory to do something it cannot