PlayStation Peninsula Corridor - F40ph Brakes Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LiquidShadows, Oct 17, 2019.

1. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

So, I'm a little confused & a bit embarrassed 'cause Train Sim World is probably the number one game that I've been playing for almost two years. And yet, this particular issue alludes me. Anyway, to get to the point, I have a two-part question:

1.) What is the difference between the "Holding" & "Lap" setting while braking, & how does it function?

2.) Is there some way to apply the "Train Brakes" just before the "Dynamic Brake" kicks in (at least that's what it sounds like) to slow the train even MORE quickly than I anticipated or wanted

If you have any tips or suggestions on how to surpass or overcome this obstacle, please let me know. Thank you guys for you time.

2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Lap hold the brake pipe and brake cylinder pressure.
    Holding recharge brake pipe pressure but don't release brake cylinder pressure.
    Release of brakes is than quicker as release from lap possition and it secure train from rolling on gradient station stop.
    On the panel above fusebox there is Electropneumatic brake switch which combine Train and electrodynamic brake.
    It's deactivation don't help you slow the train more quickly because dynamic kicks in only lower mechanic brake effect on loco (cylinder pressure drop). Car brakes cylinder pressure is not affected.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you very much! With this knowledge, hopefully I won't stop way short of the platform... Or worse yet, overshoot it by 10+ meters & screw up my final score. Much appreciated, Matto140.

4. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

To me the F40 stops on a dime anyway, I just put the train break on to service..(I think thats what it's called) and I can stop with no problems. I just hate if you hit the R1 too many times it will shut the locomotive down and end the service.

• Like Like x 1