Tsw Do You Buy New Dlc Now,on Sale Or Never?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Wanhedaking, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Wanhedaking

Wanhedaking New Member

With new routes costing 30.00(or your curreny conversion amount)and locos costing 20.00,and the upcomning br heavy frieght pack costing $$.00?.How do you decide what about any route if you should buy it?Did you buy every route upon release or do wait for it to reach a sale price you can live with.So far the german routes seem to be the biggest winners with great routes and top notch extra locos,that come with extra rolling stock and many of the loco have been shared among the 3 german routes,the uk route locos also share a few locos but only by buying new routes,the class 47 for example is on 2 uk routes and boy is it genaric looking and the 101's don't get me stated on there issues,the 08 gonna be on 2 uk routes and at least it's way more fun to use,the frieght pack will give ntp a big boost and may overshadow tvl because of the wide aray of new driving options(and locos including the 47).the usa is clearly lagging behind the others so hopefully it will someday get a content boost itself.

I have all german routes and extra locos as for uk i have WS got it a 1/2 off(don't have 33 or 52 yet) as for ntp when it goes on sale i want it and hfp because there a great combo,might get tvl later on sale,as for usa route will wait and see.we started with starter game which was on sale at 1/2 off which was RT/GWR/USA routes which are a good starter game set.

2. tbarshina

tbarshina Member

wow those prices, wait till a sale and buy only the ones you surley will like as there is no refund ( i think)

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Same old lament.

4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

The prices themselves are not the issue. It's what we get for the money. I've seen and sometimes bought add-ons for FSX that cost double or triple what DTG asks for a new TSW route, or even more than that, and were worth every last penny. Exceptions confirm the rule, but I can't exactly say that about anything DTG ever sold me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

What’s the upcoming heavy freight pack you mention? We had one months ago for NTP, is this something new I missed?

6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

This is just my own view and I understand fully if others want to take a different path- its certainly not my place to criticize their consumer choices.
    Anyway, until quality of life and immersion improvements are made.. short answer is no, not bought anything recent since NTP. Before that was WSR and GWE. Not getting anything else until stuff like the signals on GWE are fixed, skybox improved, sounds made to work properly both generically and on specific stock like the 166, LOD popping, shadows popping, track or stations going missing (had that recently on GWE for the first time with Twyford station the other day which went awol) passengers removed from the cab and other minor issues, I just feel a vague sense of disappointment when I play so for now its a non purchase.
    Hopefully my view will change soon but it wont be because of anything I read here. Likewise im not trying to influence anyone else- just trying to be honest as a feedback item.

7. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

They copied somebody's thread word for word, so there talking about the NTP freight pack.