Ts20: All Aboard For Penzance!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 18, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Scenic operations aplenty with Just Trains’ detailed Cornish Main Line route, which is available now on the Steam and Dovetail Games stores!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Once patched with AP track this is a superb route let down only by the Kuju HST being seriously old hat. Hopefully all of Just Trains' Great Western Network will be updated to JT's more recent standards and released on Steam too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

An ArmstrongPowerhouse HST Enhancement pack will give you a superb HST.

4. Wivenswold

I'll second that. Someone was working on a Pro version but I've not seen any updates for about 2 years.

5. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Idk. Looks very old and outdated. I think this is another case of DTG releasing an old third party route as a filler to try and make a quick buck. I'll pass.

6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I havent been to the store yet so dont know how much it is plus Im looking at this on my phone but I love the route choice so if it looks ok Ill prob get it. I used to travel that line regularly so it would be a nostalgic reminder.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Just Trains are releasing this route thru DTG/Steam
    Not sure on your definition of "an old third party route" - Just Trains only released it in March of this year?

Peter

8. Wivenswold

It's a new route, only released by Just Trains a few months ago and is among their best. The HST and Networker Turbo that are used on some of the scenarios are old Kuju assets and a little basic but still usable. There are AP enhancement packs for the HST and a whole world of free reskins.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but this is actually a case of Just Trains allowing DTG/Steam to distribute the route. This has no effect on the assets and routes being created by Dovetail's TS team. I don't think you'll find any complaints if DTG/Steam do this with JT's other new routes (MML and the forthcoming Metropolitan). If you have something in mind that you'd like to see, you're in the right forum.

9. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I have this route, Cornish Mainline and the HST without any timings is fine to drive, some of the scenarios to try and make time are badly timed. Other than that it’s a good route

Ash Clark’s scenarios are something to enjoy, expertly timed, the stuff off ATS isn’t as good