Mic Not Working With Xbox One But Can Hear Perfectly Fine?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by buzzingabuzzinga13, Oct 19, 2019.

1. buzzingabuzzinga13

buzzingabuzzinga13 New Member

So my mic stopped working all of a sudden a few months ago, but I can hear audio just fine, everything else works as it should too. I thought it was my controller but I couldn't afford a new one before I just got a new one last night and I plugged my earphones into the new controller and I have the same issue.

Basically the mic isn't picking anything at all. I try to talk in a party but the ring around my profile doesn't flash. My mic works ok otherwise, I just tried it on my phone and PC and there weren't any issues so I doubt it's iphone trade in my earphones. I've tried literally almost everything - did a power cycle, changed controllers, checked my privacy settings and even reset my console completely. I'm really hoping it's not my console since the closest MS store is more than 50 miles away. The console has no other issues whatsoever, never had any problems with the games themselves or any audio issues.

Anyone else had or has this issue? Any suggestions on how to get it working again?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  2. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

It's probably your mic itself or a short in it's wires. You're unfortunately going to have to get a new headset all together.

3. redgor thenoob

redgor thenoob Member

Make sure you haven't muted your mic in the party chat settings.