Train Sim World: Studio Update

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, Sep 27, 2018.

1. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

They never said that this would be possible. They said something like that it wont be possible on the initial launch and that they will look into ways that may allow them to do that later.

2. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

They said it would be possible after the initial release like you said. Or better yet try to make it possible.

3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

But trying to make it possible doesnt mean they guarantee that it will work out. Routes need to be specific optimised for Consoles, so the only way i see this happening is if they do like a partner Programm and help 3rd party developers to port their routes to Console. I cant see a way that all the routes created by private persons will make its way to consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

I could see some third party routes coming to consoles. Freeware routes on console seem unlikely to me,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I realize this. I just hope there's some way to get some routes on consoles.

6. exp131

exp131 New Member

There is a year soon since you promised the editor? Any updates?

7. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

They probably still working on. But .
    its unlikely tho.

8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Too much pessimism. The editor will appear when it's ready and not sooner. Why don't the folks working on it stop what they're doing to answer every little niggle and query? Because doing so would further delay the arrival of the editor -- obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

No one is asking the developers to stop work to answer every single query. We just want an update on how it’s progressing.

It’s been several months since we last got an update or studio article about the editor.

Now is that too much to ask..?

• Like Like x 8
  10. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Yeh...I got the impression after this studio update and the subsequent stream with Matt playing around with the editor...was that it was just around the corner for a mid-2019 release (at the latest)

Something serious must have happened between then and now as 12mths closed beta testing doesn't sound right along with the complete radio silence about it.

It would be nice to get some official DTG confirmation that it is still coming out and maybe even an ETA on a public release.

• Like Like x 7
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The editor need to be working on console to import PC things into Console

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I imagine if that was a thing. It would arrive via DTG and the Console manufacturer.

13. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

DTG want the editor out as much as us I guess. I suspect though it is becoming a more complicated job then DTG anticipated.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

It could be that TSW has a larger ps4/xbox fanbase than anticipated? Theyre trying to release an editor that, whilst not functional on console, can create 3rd party content for console?

15. Crochunter1970

Could be. I know when the editor is released it will allow TSW to really flourish as a product. DTG know this. Im sure the delayed release of the editor is a frustration to DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  16. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Lol u guys, they use the editor to create paid dlc, they’re getting as much money as they can before they start to lose money from other free or paid dlc from others. The fact you people are confused about this like the editor isn’t complete or doesn’t work is a joke, it’s business

• Like Like x 3
  17. exp131

exp131 New Member

Yeah, I'm sure devs are scared of this and that's the main reason for the absence of the editor. It seems that they showed us the editor a year ago and then thought "Oh my god, what are we done?"
    But the reality is they are making "Lack of content", overpriced DLCs. They make a route and don't make proper scenarios for it. Sometimes the community will say "enough" and will stop buying those DLCs, and only this will make the devs release the editor when they will see a hole in their pockets.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Actually it's not complete. Ability to import cooked content is still not implemented or we haven't seen it yet. Not eveyone needs it but it's required for making scenarios and releasing the editor without ability to make scenarios would make some people upset.
    btw. Matt used actual raw content from DTG's repository in his livestream.

19. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm the minority, but when I was fairly new to TSxx, when I discovered workshop scenarios, it caused me to buy MORE DLC.

I enjoy doing scenarios far more than anything else, I like being given a job to do, and doing it, and I like the variety of having a different job every time. After I had done all the scenarios a couple times over that came with the routes that I had owned, it was like "Well what do I do now", and I for the most part stopped playing. Then after a while of missing the enjoyment I got, I figured there must be someone out there making scenarios you can somehow download. Then I discovered the workshop and WOW! However, I soon began to realize, I can't play X scenario or Y scenario because I don't have that one DLC that before, was never interesting enough to buy. So then I started buying MUCH more DLC than I ever had before, because once I owned enough DLC, with what was available in the workshop, I pretty much had an endless supply of scenarios to choose from.

So in my very humble opinion, DTG should work on getting the editor out, let all the great scenario creators get to work, and the interest in TSW will likely increase, and sales of DLC will also follow.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Have you done all the timetable mode in TSW yet?

21. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Yes. I only own CSX Heavy Haul in TSW as none of the other routes have interested me that much. But it is basically, start at one end of the route, stop at the other end. On a double track main line that gets old pretty quick. No jobs to do along the way, no meets on sidings with other trains, etc.

American Freight is my main interest, I might pick up Peninsula Corridor if it ever goes on sale as it has some freight and the passenger runs look interesting. I will probably pick up the new TSxx KC to Topeka route as DTG finally produced a route close to my home, and I'm sure there will be a lot of great scenarios made for it in the Workshop!

22. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the fact that workshop scenarios helps sell DLC and keeps one engaged with the simulation. Just as with StratPlayer62, it was the workshop that has kept me connected to TS the early days, of course that led me to the extensive 3rd party content that isn’t available via Steam.

While I do enjoy the timetable (old services) runs and do have a variety of routes in TSW, I find my self running all the scenarios and then moving on to the services till they seem to get repetitive, then move back to TS for scenarios where the author also weaves a story.
    Looking forward to the day when TSW evolves to same supported 3rd party support as TS enjoys.... willing to hang on for the ride as TSW continues to move toward that environment.

23. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There are a few switching and coal loading services too.

NEC New York has excellent freight action too!

24. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

it's not comical we writing on a studio update ( on editor ) who is more than a year old.
    but is still the newest news we have about it.
    But I think we got news last Christmas and little in may but still.

25. Crochunter1970

I agree with your comment about the 3rd party support. I feel TSW will go to the next level once this kicks in. Will 3rd part content be accessible to console users like me though (Xbox)?

26. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

27. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I suspect the model will need to be a little different with TSW than what they have with TS2020. DTG will be keen to ensure console users aren't left out in the cold, so any releases they promote would really need to be optimised for all platforms and released through the XBox/PS Stores too.

I'm sure that there will end up being a free-for-all market of lower quality freeware which it will be possible to hack into the PC version, but if they're doing this seriously with third party partners, a part of that agreement should be that they need to cover the full userbase, including consoles. Maybe working to that final optimisation stage is what is taking those parties in the closed beta longer than expected.

28. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

DTG have been quite clear that the editor will only ever be available on the PC. DTG have said that they will investigate how console users can access steam workshop scenarios but have made no promises that it is feasible.
    I would be surprised if commercial third party companies would ignore the console market.

29. Crochunter1970

What about Rivet Games? Do we know if they are planning to make routes for TSW?

30. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

https://www.rivet-games.com/#about
    Have a look, they already do.. just in contract for Dovetail and not under Rivet Games.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Dovetail close some of threads on Editors ( Hello? Matt? Where Is The Editor Tool? )
    Do they think we will be silent then. would be very interesting how to discuss this on dovetail.
    Maybe we do not say a word so we hope they will be silent and ask no more about it.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Maybe they're just bored of every thread ending up being about the sodding editor.

• Like Like x 1
  33. ferrolun

ferrolun New Member

If they informed we would not ask so much
    what Lack of communication!
    There is something that they hide

• Like Like x 1