PlayStation Tsw Ps4 Autumn Sale?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wanhedaking, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Wanhedaking

Wanhedaking New Member

Hello everyone,,
    DTG recently announced a 50% Autumn sale for the PS4 TSW game which I bought, but they also announced 35% hazard perception test off the add on routes like the West Somerset Railway but when I looked on the PlayStation store, they are still full price.
    Any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

The sales on Steam (PC) are often different to those on the console stores. DTG have control of the PC prices but less say on the PS4 and Xbox, they are controlled by Sony/MS. The consoles for instance rarely get a pre-order discount but when sales do occur they can sometimes be better than on Steam so it evens itself out a little.

Unless you have money to spare It's often best to pick the right moment to click the buy button. ;)

(I would think WSR should be due to go on sale again soon and being an older route probably at a good discount too.)

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Was hoping for a discount on RSN but nothing available at present. They must have some control over discounting because the new bundle routes were discounted on PSN store when the 2020 update came out as they said they would be. Maybe DTG have to pre-organise things with Sony in cases like that and otherwise just let them get on with it.

4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Here’s hoping we see a decent sale.

• Like Like x 1
  5. novembr

novembr New Member

I'm patiently waiting. I've been playing more recently and really itching to try out some new content, but DTG's DLC prices are just to steep for me outside of sales.

6. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

When DLC costs more than the full game, there’s something wrong somewhere
    I will wait for sales as well, better still, I would sooner the core game get some time, love and polish

7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I understand why the dlc is so expensive given every route is built from scratch. Not every piece of dlc will appeal to everyone. I don’t buy German DLC’s and won’t until we see a ICE HST.

I’ll always pick and choose what routes I’ll buy and have not purchased a loco dlc to date. If the price is too much then wait for a sale, they will come eventually, plus, by the time you pick it up, the bugs might have been fixed.

8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Woohoooo! PS4 sale now on! :D (EU at least)

60% off MSB, NTP, LIRR

50% off WSR, RSN

40% off DB BR 155

30% off Class 33 & 52

Edit: Oh, looks like those values are only for PS Plus members. Normal discounts are half those - 30, 25, 20, 15% respectively.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019