PC Any New Scenarios To Come?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by 749006, Oct 17, 2019.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The one benefit of TS2020 was the extra scenarios which can be downloaded from the Workshop and other sources but this does not seem to be possible with TSW.

So could the team at DTG Create some new Scenarios and more variation.
    For example the Trains Pennine Route has a lack of local trains on the Manchester side.
    The local service was split in to Manchester to Huddersfield and Huddersfield to Leeds in both direction.
    Also all stops Manchester to Stalybridge and return would be good.

Peter

• Like Like x 7
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

I would prefer to see more additions in service mode to be honest, there's only an hourly loco hauled service from Manchester-Leeds and vice versa but in real life, there were Newcastle-Liverpool, Hull-Manchester (Hint to DTG: a DLC of a Class31 would fit in perfectly), Scarborough-Bangor/Llandudno services too.

There's hardly any shunting activities to see or do, and no off playable AI route services to see i.e. Leeds-Skipton/Carlise, Leeds-York via Harrogate, Hudds-Wakefield etc.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

If you look at the editor preview video that Matt did in December last year, I think the intention was to get the editor out soon so people can start making their own scenarios. Obviously, there's been some kind of delays / roadblocks preventing from that happening by now which only Dovetail know about. Once the editor / workshop is available you can bet there will be a heap of extra scenarios created for this route and others.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Did you get the BR Heavy Freight Pack? It adds lots of freight activities to NTP.

5. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Awesome I can’t wait to play new scenarios on train sim world when the editor is available.

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yes, the BR Heavy Freight Pack is a must for freight and switching fans. I've been trying to ration these activities, but am beginning to run out, nevertheless. I'd like to see some activities that make use of turntables: for instance, the one in the Tees Valley Line. For example, an activity could begin with an engine in the roundhouse that pulls onto the turntable, rotates 180 degrees, drives through the yard to pick up another engine, assembles a train, etc. Or a defective engine that is picked up by a switcher, taken to the turntable, and delivered to a repair bay in the roundhouse.
    Waiting for the editor (which I'm willing to do, since I have no other choice) is all well and good, but for now I'd like to see a DLC concentrated on yard activities, such as I've described above.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

CSX Heavy Haul has scenarios like that.

8. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

The turntable on TVL is unusable only the pit is there and the tracks lifted,
    I wouldn't recommend the freight pack for NTP until the constant crashes are solved (ps4).

9. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to wait for the editor before any extra scenarios become available.

Unless DTG makes scenario packs, that is.

10. LastTrainToClarksville

CSX HH includes one training run for the turntable and one "free roam" [to an extent] activity that involves the TT -- neither comes very close to what I described.

11. LastTrainToClarksville

I'm sorry to hear that the TLV turntable is only an unusable false front, which puts it in company with turntables on several TS routes. However, DTG obviously knows how to make a functional turntable -- there being operating versions in both CSX HH and West Sommerset, so I won't give up hope yet.
    I will heartily recommend the BR Heavy Freight Pack in its PC version. Although lacking a turntable, it's an excellent example freight yard activity and I hope that more such DLC becomes available for other TSW routes that include mostly untapped yard areas -- and that includes nearly all of the available DLC offerings.

12. Anthony Pecoraro

Try the “Clear Cut” Scenario

13. LastTrainToClarksville

I think that's the scenario I had in mind: several engines to drive, one of which involves turntable (spotter buttons do not work)?