PlayStation ‘go Via’ At Glasgow Cathcart Circle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not a technical fault per se, but the ‘Go Via’ point on approach to and leaving Glasgow station on some services is very off putting, especially as you’re on approach to a red signal. The signal always seems to clear to green as you pass the ‘Go Via’ location, but often at the last second. Can this be removed? It seems surplus to requirements.

• Like Like x 3
  2. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be good. However, I've a feeling it's possibly the only way to get things to work until they find an alternative signalling solution. I guess Glasgow is very complicated signal-wise, hence the instructions are required.

I think these type of instructions may be very useful for approach control from a red signal though - i.e high to slow speed junctions, the red signal clearing when running over the appropriate point? Maybe something to consider for upcoming routes?

I did come across a signal on Cathcart that I believe should be an approach control signal - taking the feather into the depot. It's a 50 down a 15 mph turnout, and it gives only a yellow - I've a feeling it should be approach controlled but I may be wrong. The rest of the route is slow speed so no approach control needed,as stated by Matt.

Loving the route by the way..

• Like Like x 2