1.5km

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jack travers, Sep 4, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I was 1.5km from Würzburg after driving the 07:21 service from Hamburg Altona - München hbf then bam a game crash
    But if we had save game I wouldn’t be so mad
    I was 1 hour in. Just about to get my good medal.
    Guess I cannot play timetabled routes until the game is fixed or my next gen console
    I’m angry.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Yep I would be very frustrated too. Especially since tsw2 had a save function that worked more often than not

• Like Like x 1
  3. darylb88

darylb88 Member

Which Xbox are you playing on?

4. jack travers

One X but I will be upgrading soon

5. darylb88

darylb88 Member

Nice. I have an Xbox Series S and it runs really well in 4K. The only downside is the lower storage but it's a super cheap console. Series X is also a beast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jack travers

I will be getting the series S in about a months time :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I have a series x. The game is excellent on it. I highly recommend the x over the s

• Like Like x 1
  8. jack travers

I was thinking but I don’t have space on my gaming table

9. darylb88

darylb88 Member

I guess it depends on what tv you are playing on and what kind of games you play plus budget. The Series S runs 4K very well and is £200 cheaper but you get less storage (364GB). If you want to play something like flight sim and you can afford the extra £200 I'd say the Series X is better.

10. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

Totaly agree with you! If you don‘t own 4K Television or plan to buy one in the near future, the Series S is pretty fine. Because I still use my excellent 40“ Philips Full HD TV, I bought a Series S, and I don‘t regret it yet.
    Since the price for the Seagate SSD Memory Expansion has dropped rapidly, I‘ve updated my Xbox with an additional 512 GB, so that I now have the same storage capacity as in the Series X, but my Series S is overall still cheaper than this.
    Sadly DTG still don‘t take full advantage of the Xbox smart delivery functionality, which means that you always get 4K textures, whether you own an Xbox Series X or S. Games like Forza Horizon 5 show how performant the Series S can be when the the size of the textures is optimised to 1440p, but it seems that this don’t bother DTG.
    I‘m very curious (and a little bit afraid) how the performance of TSW3 on the Series S will be. I will buy myself the German Edition of TSW3 today, but what I saw on a few YouTube videos, recorded even on high class PC Systems, let me assume that the drawing distance of the shadows will be as poor as on some TSW2 routes without the preservation crew updates, which would be a shame! But let’s wait an see.

11. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

The drawing distance on track rendering, foliage and shadows is definitely worse than it is on most TSW2 routes.
    In this terms TSW3 is a step backwards.