144hz Monitor And The Series S

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kobebeef, May 20, 2022.

1. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I'd like to ask, since I have no idea about these kind of things and maybe somebody can help me out.

I was thinking on picking up a 144hz monitor to run it with my series s on HD mode, being that the fps is uncapped in tsw2 and it's usually bouncing from 48 fps to 60 when stuttering, will it smoothen it out for me or will it make no difference? Thanks in advance

2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

For sorting out unreliable framerate, the main thing you want to consider in a monitor is VRR. VRR can be exceptionally handy in games that tend to hit an FPS from the forties and up. XBox has supported it for some time now, and PS5 just finally got it too (Sony really didn't want people buying their rivals' screens to use with their PS5s).
    Make sure if buying a higher refresh rate monitor that it also supports VRR if this is your intended use, and you should be set for a smoother all around gaming experience!
    Don't forget to enable it in the video settings when configuring the output for your new display in the XBox settings.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Lovely thanks so much for you're input.
    Have a great day ! :)

4. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

One more thing, sorry heh. Is Radeon freesync is the same as vrr but in a monitor format?

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The Series consoles support both the Freesync and G-Sync VRR standards.

• Like Like x 1