1co3 Penzance And Class 52 Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4046, Jun 6, 2022.

1. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi, I was hoping somebody could please help/advise on an issue I'm having when trying to run services using the class 52 locomotive on GWE Diesel Legends. The issue I'm having is that both engines cut out when trying to run the above and other services in this pack when reaching a certain speed. It's like the throttle pressure kills the engines at around the 65% mark. I don't understand why this happens or if it is supposed to happen given the higher rolling stock/carriage load however I have seen other people successfully running this train without issue reaching higher speeds on you tube on this run. I'm on ps4. Any help or advice would be appreciated as I'm finding this issue frustrating. Perhaps I'm missing something but I'm at my wits end with it. Thanks

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rkkg

rkkg New Member

3. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Thanks for the response, this does reassure me somewhat that it's not something I'm missing...I can substitute trains 45/47 which is an option but would prefer it if this could be resolved in future updates. It seems odd, almost as if it's been programmed this way relating to too much load on the engine but doesn't make a lot of sense and also makes the task almost impossible to achieve anything other than bronze(even with a fully operational 52). I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that this is a slight programming error/oversight? Again thanks for the response, any further advice or info would be gratefully appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  4. rkkg

rkkg New Member

Hi,
    I wish I could help more.

I take your point about engine load, but I've not noticed that before, although both versions of the loco are now cutting out for me around 40mph with throttle wide open, and there's a slight hiccup in revs before it happens. Engine A can take 3 or 4 attempts to restart (on the move) as well.

Saying that, the GWE loco also cut out on me between 50 and 70 mph with throttle in notch 6/7 with lower engine revs, but I didn't test WSR loco this way.

I tested them both today on GWE Legends, broke speed limit on WSR, and even tried both on different routes using Creator's Club scenarios, and both have the same issue.

Therefore, I'd say it points to a bug, and we can only hope they get it fixed soon.

All the best!

5. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Certainly sounds like it...yes a similar experience with this loco, engine A faltering when trying to restart whilst in motion and requiring another attempt to get started and also for me at around 65% throttle random cutting out seemingly without reason points to a bug I think to...when you say in the final paragraph you broke the speed limit, do you mean the loco did or didn't cut out on GWE?

Thanks for helping me and testing out the routes. I'm glad there is a good supportive community out there. Hopefully the devs will see this and other posts...

Thanks again!

6. rkkg

rkkg New Member

Hi,

Sorry, I can see how that's confusing. :)

I was thinking about the comment on the other thread about the original 52 built for the West Somerset route being okay, so I took it past the max speed limit to 40mph on WSR, and just like the blue GWE Legends 52 on Paddington-Reading, both engines cut-out whilst throttle at 100% and speed around 40mph.

Seems the problem is affecting both class 52 models, which I guess points to them sharing common modules or something, I honestly don't know, but is certainly something that needs looked into by DTG, imo.

I haven't used either 52 for a while, before today, and when they worked (up to 40mph), I was actually enjoying them again, but as they are, they don't seem right.

Here's hoping they're fixed soon!

Thanks and all the best!

7. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Haha I've just realised my mistake. WSR not GWE and in reference to previous thread

Yes I agree having spent more time on this issue has kind of ignited an interest in said locomotive for me and I am enjoying how it runs. Be good to fulfil further potential in the future when it can be resolved.

Indeed! Onwards and upwards!

Thanks! You too