2 Route Suggestion In Missouri Usa

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by StratPlayer62, Jan 8, 2018.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

There is very little mid-western content in Train Sim. Personally I'd love to see the UP Route between St. Louis and Kansas City, Missouri. I live in Jefferson City Missouri, right in the middle, the track is Double track between Jefferson City and St. Louis, from Jefferson City to Kansas city the route takes two different paths but still end up in the same place. There are a lot of industries and spurs along the way to provide switching which to me is a lot of fun. There are also 4 Amtrak trains a day on this route. Even if you only did one section of this I still think it would be a fantastic addition and give some variety to the usual "High Mountain Pass" that the routes always seem to be.

The other would be a section of the BNSF Transcon route between Ft. Madison Iowa and Kansas City Missouri. This is one of the busiest if not the busiest routes in the United States, usually sees at least 70-80 trains a day and is double tracked the whole way except where is crosses the Missouri River. In some sections Amtrak trains area also allowed 90MPH which would give some nice high speed running in an American Route. There is also a live stream of this route at LaPlata Missouri which is quite popular so this route gets a lot of exposure worldwide, would contribute to its popularity among railfans.

I would be willing to help provide information and photos/videos of the area, especially the local UP line to help with creation.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Nobody else would want this???:love: