2 Suggestions For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doublefine7, Nov 12, 2020.

1. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Hello guys, I have 2 suggestions to make for Train Sim World 2:

Number 1: Give an option to either show your own timetable for the service you actually go or show the general timetable of the route when you press T. So when you for example drive a freight train, you can press T to have a look if there are any passenger trains coming in your way so you have to expect red signals.

Number 2: Give the option to either start a service already sitting in the cab (as it is now) or to start it on foot near to the train (which also opens up the option to make a train cold and dark).

Both suggestions are aimed to enhance the immersion in the game. If you like it, please like it and if you have any ideas how to enhance these points, I would love to hear your feedback.

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I don't really get your first suggestion. You want to read timetable schedules while driving a train? Just look at the signals to see if a red is coming up, why would you need to read timetable schedules for that.

As for your second suggestion, you already have the option to spawn on foot in the game. You can select spawn location and time, so if you know which train you want to take, just spawn there on foot and walk up to it. Though that will still not make it a cold start, as the train will be already switched on. But at least you get to walk up to it.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I believe they want to know if the fifth signal ahead is at caution so they don't have to pay attention to every signal and therefore avoid missed cautions and emergency stops

4. doublefine7

So, to explain the first point:

I would use that option to have a look on the general timetable at the start of my service before moving. Then I can see: "Aha, at that time, a passenger train is going to depart and cross my route, so I have to pay extra attention." Also, it would add the "You are a part of the timetable"- idea to the timetable mode. Also, if you spawn on foot and explore the area, you can see, when trains are expected to come and then you can compare if the trains are on time etc. This is more like a roleplay-aimed idea.

The second suggestion is especially aimed at the feeling of being a train driver in a shift system. So you spawn on foot, you have the timetable for your service and then you have to go to your dedicated train to start the drive. Theoretically, you do have it with explore on foot, but it is not the same as "You have a service to do, go for your train." I like that scenarios do have that you spawn on foot and have to enter your train first (and in some cases you have to start the train up) and I wish to have that as an option for the timetable mode.

These ideas are aimed to give you the feeling of having the job of a train driver and not the feeling that you are a random person just sitting in a train and drive.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

First one should be addressed when they add the PIS system to platforms. In theory it´s in developement. But stations should have a place where the whole timetables as visible for passengers as well, like in the real ones. They can just print a image containing the timetables and put it in one of the station banners in the platforms.

In the past they released some timetables as part of the documentation. It seems that was forgotten for the lastest routes. Users have created some anyway:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/wonterails-service-mode-timetables.17878/

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  6. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I have no idea about Germany, UK, Canada, USA and soon, France, but here in the Czech Republic, you have a board with every train stopping at this station along with consist diagram for every higher class train stopping there.
    Meaning in my village, there is only a board with every stopping passenger train, but there are no Eurocity trains.

This would mean you probably wouldn't be able to use one print for every station as they are different for every station.

7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I think why the second suggestion would be problematic and why services are not able to start in a cold and dark mode is that the AI can not start from a Cold and Dark state. In scenarios, where everything is canned = cold and dark is available but not for the 24 hour timetable services.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. doublefine7

That is why it is just a suggestion and I mentioned it as being an option so if you want it you can put it to on. Also, certain services do not need cold and dark, e.g. an ICE coming from Dortmund which you overtake at Augsburg doesnt need to get set up off cold and dark. The AI not being able to handle cold and dark IS indeed a problem but I guess this can be solved if cold and dark starts are planned by the devs.