2 Things Today. Cathcart Circle And If Wherry Lines Were To Ever Come To Tsw2.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Class158Perkinsguy, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

So lets start off with Cathcart Circle. I know it's in early production BUT it's Scotland. Anyway, with the Cathcart I have a small suspicion that with the 314 included, they'll just take a 313 and put a pantograph on the roof. Like with any other route thing I do, I would like to get some thoughts from the TSW community.

Anyway, on the first ever post I created I very poorly suggested Wherry Lines for TSW 2020. But I've had a few months to think and if you cast your mind back to when Armstrong Powerhouse did the Wherry Lines 'Norwich to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft. Taking into account the AP sounds on the 31 and 465, could this spawn bigger and better things for TSW2? I don't know. Still, I'd like to see a class 755, 153 and 156 on this route if it ever came out. And DTG could use the sounds from the 156 enhancement pack for TS so it's a win win in my eyes.
    Anyway, thoughts are greatly appreciated and I'll see you soon.

(;

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well on Alan Thomson Sim on Monday night, AP were on it and hinted they are looking at doing more with TSW....

Could be interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Now that would be good

4. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

But if they reuse the 313 from ecw and just model it different it will maybe take less time for that train and can speed production up with the next train and route details

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I don’t think taking the 313 and adding a pantograph to make the 314 is such a big deal.

Ultimately that is what the 314 is.

My main interests are does the train look accurate and does the train sound accurate? If it saves DTG time doing stuff this way, whilst giving us new routes, great.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

And it would also be good if they made yet another variety and released a Merseyrail route with the Class 507. Or 508. I love the look of all these trains and I remember them being introduced for Merseyrail when I was a kid.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

The 313 and 314 are very similar irl so there is no reason why dtg can’t reuse the 313 for the 314

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Definitely. I have fond memories of the 507/508 when I was a kid and my Grandad taking me on train and bus rides all over the place.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

Wherry Lines was my favourite route on TS. AP did such a lovely job on it, and certainly went the extra mile when it came to detail.

Would be a dream come true if they did it again for TSW.

Very interesting regarding AP on with Alan Thomson, so I'll be checking that out.

10. merseyemu

merseyemu Member

I absolutely love the 507/508, used to go to Southport and New Brighton all the time with my dad when I was younger. I still enjoy them now when I occasionally use them, there’s no better sound when they’re pulling away from a station and hopefully that will be recreated for the 313/314 models. I really wish they would do a merseyrail route but sadly I don’t think we’ll ever see it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I love New Brighton.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Class158Perkinsguy

Class158Perkinsguy Member

Shock horror i've never acctually been a pep :o

13. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Same

14. formulabee#1362