32 Or 64-bit 2019 Train Simulator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Oct 15, 2018.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Have a question for you especially the team of 2019 Train Simulator at DoveTail Games. I wonder if I just click 64-bit Train Simulator instead of asking me which one do you want to click 32 or 64-bit Train Simulator after login with Steam? Mine is 64-bit operating system desktop to simulate the games. Is there a way around just to click once with 64-bit Train Simulator after login with Steam? If yes then tell me how?

John

• Like Like x 1
  2. Horst K

Horst K New Member

Hi John,
    You will find it here:
    upload_2018-10-16_9-24-7.png
    Under railworks there is the ...64.exe
    upload_2018-10-16_9-25-21.png
    Make a short cut, place it at the desktop and You can start the 64Bit Version directly.
    I´ve found it at an another post under general disciussion, thanks a lot for this information to this guy,

Kind regards

Horst

• Like Like x 1
  3. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

First want to say thank you to you, Horst and yes I saw other post too about this but for me is still not working. What I did is to create a desktop shortcut of RailWrks64.exe and after that still ask me to " Train Simulator Please login to Steam ". But have a question for you, Horst that I don't see you have with RailWorks32.exe on your list. I have this with all others files you posted yours above. Should I remove the file with RailWorks32.exe or leave it alone as is. I did not remove that file with RailWorsk32.exe yet unless someone will say go ahead to remove it.

John

4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

John, you must be logged into Steam BEFORE you start train simulator. It doesn't matter whether you want the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of train simulator, you still have to be logged in before you can either of the versions.

5. Horst K

Horst K New Member

John, I think the 32 bit version is RailWorks.exe, You can see it at my screen shot.
    SamYeager270 is right, firstly log in to steam. At the moment I have both links at the desktop, so normally I call now the 64 bit version. If I see any trouble later on, I can call the 32 bit version as well. You shall not delete any file in this directories, but I ´ll think this is Your intention too.
    Kind regards,
    Horst

6. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

OK thanks to gentlemen who have replied to my message here in this forum. I see that I have three exe files of Railworks. Look below:

Railworks.exe
    Railworks32.exe
    Railworks64.exe

Why do I have three not two like others in my Railworks Folder?

Thank you again,

John

7. Horst K

Horst K New Member

Sorry John, I ´ve no idea. I ´ve find only two files in my directory.
    Perhaps You can sent a bug report to dovetail, I ´ll think, they are interested in such challenges.
    Best regards,
    Horst

8. jaytonuk

jaytonuk New Member

Thank you Horst. I've done exactly what you suggested. If only Dovetail could have added a small note to the ReadMe or Help files.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I'd imagine the 32 file is a precursor from the update that didn't get deleted... Unless it's affecting the program operation I wouldn't worry unduly as unless you run an exe it sits there doing bugger all anyway