64bit Editor Quick Drive Bug.

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by Kim Olesen, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

AI Spawn points: Somtimes clicking on page 2 in the spawn point flyout is not possible.

2. fransmarks

fransmarks New Member

I have the same problem and did not find a solution anywhere. Does anyone please have a suggestion.
    It looks like this functionality slowly deteriorates over time. First it sometimes didn’t work and started working again after restarting TS. But now I can never get page 2 anymore. So it looks like some caching creates this problem. Clearing the cache however does not solve the problem anymore.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kim Olesen

DTG JD Just bringing this up since this error persists. Is this in the pipeline for a fix?

4. fransmarks

fransmarks New Member

I am very carefull but yesterday I checked the integrety of the gamefiles with steam. Because I changed the name of railworks64.exe to railworks.exe and the original railworks.exe to railworks32.exe this check will see both files as wrong and redownload them. Probably I now have the latest files because for now the problem with page 2 of the ai spawn point fly-out is gone (for now; I am not over optimistic ). But another thing that tells me something major has changed is the fact that train run smoother now. Before this action I had drop in framerate many times during a ride. Now I rarely see those drops.
    Maybe a bit out of subject question but you are the person who is making realdrives? I created one now based on your manual and it really is great.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kim Olesen

That’s me yes. And probably this bug has gone unnoticed by most, because most scenario makers work with standard scenarios, whereas not many has realised the potential of quick drives (random red signalling, new stock on sidings and new AI everytime you run the scenario.

It will return for you i’m afraid.

I think the cause is that the ai spawnpoint code took a hit in the conversion to 64bit, since this seems to happen on very ram hungry routes like Münster - Bremen.

It’s like when spawnpoints cause the tracks.bin (or wherever the spawnpoints are stored) to go over 4gb in size, page two locks forever, and you can’t even add a new one and access page two on that.

On less ram intensive routes, you can clear cache and restart. But on ram heavy routes you get to a point, and clicking on page two stops you dead in the tracks.

For the developers, it looks like this:

https://youtube.com/shorts/zSUxDSN26HE?feature=share

6. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

Not AI but Player spawn point makes problems too. On some routes you set on, open the flyout, choose your waypoints and finish. But now, when you add a second Player point you can´t open the flyout anymore. The spawnpoints even doesnt become red or something. Only close editor and load the QD scenario again you can edit again - for 1 Player spawn point.

7. Kim Olesen

Just an update. A confirmation that this issue is indeed ram related. Got a new rig with 32mb ram, and i am able to put more spawnpoints in before page 2 freezes. And then a clear cache solves the problem for the next 3-4 spawnpoints.