64bit.exe Missing

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by pennsy_railfan, Apr 30, 2022.

1. pennsy_railfan

pennsy_railfan Active Member

I have no idea what happened but the railworks64.exe disappeared from my railworks directory. This then caused steam to try to reinstalled the game and said missing 64bit version.

2. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Reading all the threads concerning problems with TS after the Classic update (which did not change anything except the version number in the RailWorks64.exe), the OOMs and missing exe people are reporting are due to your AntiVirus software messing with Train Simulator.

pennsy_railfan: Your Railwork64.exe is most likely in your AV software's quarantine folder. Make an exception for it. If you do a file verification on Steam, you'll get it back but unless your AV software is updated the same will happen again.

To everyone else I highly recommend getting rid of payware Antivirus software and switch to the built-in Windows Defender, which is according to many experts, the best protection. Especially stay away from Kaspersky.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pennsy_railfan

pennsy_railfan Active Member

Thank you so much my avast did do a quaratine of railworks 64bit so I'll take a look.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I stopped using payware antivirus software years ago and switch to Sophos Home free version and never had any issues with anything.

5. steamylocoman

steamylocoman Well-Known Member

I did a complete reinstallation when TS updated to classic.

I am using Eset Internet Security and F-Secure Freedome VPN.

And have no problem with Trainsimulator at all.