766 German Control Car Severe Optimization Issue Ps5

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Easy301, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

While I'm reporting major German content bugs I thought this one was absolutely worth reporting.

There's a optimization major issue with the 766 Control Car on the PS5. Basically, turning the coach lights on for the passengers drops performance in most situations by upwards of 50% it's not uncommon for frames to drop to almost single digits when there's multiple AI.units around that have the coach lights on.

Turning off the coach lights provided an immediate relief of the performance issues, unfortunately this can't be done with AI trains so anytime one passes you with this trainset performance just takes a beating.

This is reoroduceable 100% of the time on any route at any time and weather settings.

I took a short video showcasing this issue but it almost does it and injustice to how servere the issue is as with the motion blur and video compression it's just hard to tell how much performance is compromised.

This issue effects the experience severely and this happens on most of the German routes as it's such a prevalent trainset with layering.

• Like Like x 1
  2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I mentioned this a few days ago and DTG seems aware. There are 7 different versions of that car in the game and this lighting bug effects most of them. It’s on all platforms in TSW2. It’s super annoying when they appear on AI services cause they make the game almost unplayable.

One good thing I’ve noticed is that so far 4 Dostos are available in TSW3 and none of them have this FPS issue. I will test them all on Tuesday when the rest of the DLC is a available on PS. If they fixed the issue in 3 that means it will hopefully get fixed with the next patch on 2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Just an update. Now that all the German DLC is available for PS5 TSW3 I can confirm that some Dostos are still an FPS drain. Maybe slightly better than they were in TSW2 but still low FPS. I always test it using Rapid Transit DLC using the 10:49 S2 service. Right at the start an AI Dosto will arrive next to you at station so it’s a good spot to test.

When one passes me on the route now there’s a FPS drop that feels worse than most trains but not the slide show that it was on TSW2.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  4. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Thanks for this update, I was really hoping this would be resolved today with TSW3.