A Couple Of Improvements:

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cloadmcally, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Firts of all, I am very happy of what DTG accomplished with TSW2, especially the new attitude towards transparency and communication (thanks Sam). I know there is a lot that the preserved crew is looking into already, but i would like to add a couple of things that would go a long way towards immersion and realism, maybe a few of you will share my thoughts:

1) Implementing working station monitors or mirrors in the Bakerloo line and other british routes. I feel this would be a great step towards realism in operating the doors safely (btw I know the Bakerloo line is flawed in many other ways - signaling for example - so I'm not saying it's the most important factor, it's just something I've been meaning to share). I am also aware that the resources required to do real time reflections are not insignificant, but maybe something that only displays if you are within a 100 yards of the mirror/cameras and on the track assigned to them might be less demanding.

2) Beeing able to lean out the window by getting up from your seat and pressing E towards the window just like in the shunting station on German Trains (Dostos and Locos). Again, nothing revolutionary but I'm not a fan of using the arrow keys to navigate to the window view, just adding the option would make it way more immersive.

3) I know you have been working hard on the PIS system, and that Adam's crew will be implementing it in older routes, can't wait! I would also suggest, just like in the ICE 3, adding internal PIS would be great, and, of course, as a distant hope, announcements, but I've asked a lot already.

Thanks for your efforts and thank you for taking the time to read my post! Hope some of you shared my thoughts, and please feel free to add some of your own down here! :).

• Like Like x 5
  2. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I am also quite impressed with TSW2, especially the new German routes and locos. The scenery is amazing and I love working the PZB and LZB systems which seem consistently error free; well done. I very much look forward to getting some of my favorite TSW DB locos fully tuned up for driving in TSW2. In the meantime, it is nice to see them make guest appearance as AI on the new routes.

Beyond the DB sound fixes which I know are on the way, here are some things I would like to see improved:

1) Sand Patch Grade scenery is much improved from TSW, but I must admit that the permanently down silent crossing gates really diminishes my interest in this route and has me on the fence about the new Dash 8 loco. The speeds on SPG allow you to get ahead of the train and enjoy waiting for it to roar by. It's just not the same without the old gates.

2) I wish there were some way to pause the game mid action and still be able to navigate around the scenery. I do this regularly is TS by getting on the "8" camera and then hitting pause break on my keyboard. This is a nice way to move around and take in all the details and set up a good screenshot.

3) In a recent stream (thanks for the regular streaming schedule, BTW and thanks as well for Matt's excellent German signals and safety systems stream) the idea was mentioned of having the center reticule dot fade from view when not moved for a few seconds. I think this is a great idea.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  3. steamfan

steamfan Member

Good stuff

• Like Like x 1
  4. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

For the 2) you can do it already with the arrows, so I doubt they change that. I agree that a fastest shortcut would be nice. I also use that view a lot while shunting.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

Can you navigate around while the game is paused? If so, I would love to know how!

6. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I meant 2) in the original post, so the window view. For the navigation while pause is active I donĀ“t think this is possible, as pause triggers the pause menu. You can just do what you said: use 8 key to go to free cam and move the cam itself.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Yes I do know that you can use the arrow keyes, I said so much myself in the OP, but still, getting up from your seat and pressing E towardards the window is much more immersive to me. Might just be my weirdness though lol

8. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Some workaround for you might be Unreal Unlocker. There's an option to pause the game and move camera freely.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

No, it was established very early on that feature is extremely unlikely to make it across becuase (matt said) UE4 doesn't like you moving the camera while the game is paused (or something like that)

• Like Like x 1