A Little Something For Your Christmas Spirit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by treid09, Dec 4, 2020.

1. treid09

treid09 Guest

Hello all,

Seeing as it is now the Christmas season, I wanted to share this performance from "For King and Country." Before you watch it, I have to say that I am not a fan of most iterations of the Little Drummer Boy, except this one. You need to listen to this version, as it is not like any version you have ever heard! They performed it at the CMA Country Music show, and it was a smash hit.

Merry Christmas!
    for KING & COUNTRY - Little Drummer Boy | LIVE from Phoenix (youtube.com)

• Like Like x 1
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Very nice. Hopefully Christmas goes by just like it has in previous years. No last minute surprises please!

3. treid09

treid09 Guest

Absolutely, dude! Nice Conrail geep in your picture by the way, good to some of Big Blue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JGRudnick

Thanks, it is a Buffalo & Pittsburgh ex Conrail GP38-2. It still wears its original blue paint, but someone at the B&P paint shop decided to spruce it up with the Conrail logo and lettering. Then this summer, the owner of the Conrail name hit them with copyright stuff, so they removed the lettering, but the logo is still on it. I was so surprised to see it, I yelled at my dad, "Turn around and go back!"

• Like Like x 1
  5. treid09

treid09 Guest

Wow, stinks that they had to remove the logo.

6. JGRudnick

No, the "can opener" logo is still there, the Conrail name is not.
    Here is a video of it a short time after being painted as a heritage unit...

And here is a video of how it looks now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. treid09

treid09 Guest

Ah, my bad. Thanks for sharing, still looks good sans lettering! B&P has a very interesting roster, they even had straight SD45s as late as 2008.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JGRudnick

Yeah, I love catching their trains. They had a pair of SD70M-2s until this spring once the last of their SD60M/Is arrived. Afaik, they still have the SD45s, but they've been rebuilt and are now designated SD45r.

• Like Like x 1