PC A Mess Of Speedlimits.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bertil Persson, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Go through the Bakerloo Line and check up the speed limits. There are ups and down that doesn't show och are too short to handle, which means that you adjust the wrong way and get the next without warning.

• Like Like x 1
  2. luca_triff

luca_triff New Member

What DTG have done is they have taken the speed limits as they are in real life, but instead of using the LU system where an increase in the speed limit is applicable when the first axle of the train passes the board, they use the NR system where the entire train must pass the speed board before the increase in speed limit takes effect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

That’s a good reason.

4. Iunoi

Iunoi New Member

Sadly i am not able to look this up. Can you link me an explanation of the two Systems (LU / NR) and where which one is used.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve noticed this too. Towards the end of the tunnels (somewhere around Maida Vale and Kilburn Park) when you enter the final 30mph stretch before the 15mph limit for Queen’s Park, the speed limit jumps to 35mph for a few seconds before dropping back to 30mph.

It happens in other places too but I can’t remember where right now.

6. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

Generally speaking the LU system is used in the tunnels underground and the NR above ground on the Bakerloo line. You can also tell the difference as LU speed limit signs are simple square white signs with black numbers, whilst NR signs are circular with a red ring on the outside, white background and black text.
    Personally I like to drive realistically, regardless of what the game thinks about me overspeeding in the underground sections and actually this gets rid of most of the problems related with 'now I've just started to speed up I have to slow down again'. That said - I do not know why the HUD shows a 90 speed limit upcoming when travelling towards Elephant and Castle from Harrow and Wealdstone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

They had some technical difficulties to fix this, because Bakerloo deviates from other routes. Hopefully this will be fixed some day.

• Like Like x 1