A Sale?? Please

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ehrenholt, Jul 25, 2020.

1. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Please can someone at DTG push an idea for a sale to Xbox/Microsoft, I am wanting to collect Rhine Rhur Osten and Rhur Sig Nord before the release of TSW 2, to be honest, anything would be welcome, Canadian national Oakville Subdivision is a good route that needs some love from the community, a sale for that? I will leave this here for DTG and the community to debate!! Thanks for your time

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I’m guessing there will be a sale when TSW2 comes out. Last August when TSW2020 came out there was a big sale for consoles

• Like Like x 2
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

ehrenholt I'd assume (as said above by TinTin_57), the next offer for Xbox will be in August when TSW2 releases. Most likely so DTG can get a last minute cash grab from TSW2020.

• Like Like x 3
  4. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

You might be right heck put the NEC,SW1000r pack & the GP-40 on sale so they can't use it on TSW2

5. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I assume there are two main reasons why DTG's influence on a xbox sale is not very high:
    1) IT's communicated at every occasion that they don't want any platform to be disadvantaged. The lack of sales on xbox would fall into that category. But since it's MS's store they are in charge of the prices which puts me to the next point...

2) TSW is still in Gamepass. The addons of GP games are hardly ever in a sale, because the player number of the base game is highly increased and there is a chance to therefore make far more money with DLC sales. Those few current discounts are barely noticeable.

Personally I hope for one of the season sales throughout the xbox store- maybe there will be a summer sale. These were the only occasions where TSW DLCs were ever put on sale...

6. TrainSim_Fan

I doubt either of these are the true reason....but sure.

7. blueghost

blueghost Member

It boils down to one thing and one thing only MICROSOFT are TIGHT ARSES

• Like Like x 2
  8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

well i have heard that xbox live with gold is going out and they are paving the way for gamepass to take over as there subscription service which is understandable that's why recent free with gold games haven't been the best as most games now are free with gamepass

9. TrainSim_Fan

No, they are not.

10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Maybe someone should send MS and DTG a detailed report on what a sale is and how it works.

11. TrainSim_Fan

In all seriousness stop with the silly ideas.

12. SHINO BAZ

Well after all the tsw dlc sales steam has gotten in recent months(summer sales)all we get currently for xbox is dtg just putting the tsw collecters edition on sale and none of it's dlc,i tired of this nonsence of people saying it because of game pass tsw dlc(which saving $2 or $3)is not a real sale,game pass isn't something everyone has,so why should it be used to keep us from any sales more offen.

13. TrainSim_Fan

I read the first line of that, then gave up because your trying to defend your idea. Dont even act as if that's a sensible idea.

14. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

Got an email today saying TSW2020 is on sale on Xbox, but when clicking the link, it’s still £24.99.

anyone else got the email?

15. TrainSim_Fan

I recieved an email aswell, however the game actually is on offer now for £19.99. So, that's kinda unusual.

16. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Yet another sale for PlayStation has started, but still they won't discount Xbox DLC...

It's funny how they only want console parity when it suits them...

• Like Like x 3
  17. SHINO BAZ

Wonder what microsoft did to ruffull dtg feathers as to get no dlc sale lately?

• Like Like x 2
  18. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Yeah it's getting ridiculous... and not very clever as the idea of TrainSim_Fan is very good and a logical thing to do for the end of a product lifecycle. You can watch it in every annual Summer when there's only 2-3 months left before the release of a new FIFA / PES (although they are usually updates with minor changes and no additions but that's another point :D).

And with the expanded preserved collection a sale would surely be quite successful. Personally I would have three items in mind which would be bought immediately but with the end of further product development surely not at full price...

But well. When it's in sony's summer sale there might be a chance that us xbox users get some as well as the xbox season sales usually start a few days afterwards...

• Like Like x 2
  19. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I remember the good olden days I got LIRR on sale on xbox 2019 was the glory days of TSW

• Like Like x 1
  20. SHINO BAZ

Some try and use game pass as the reason for lack of tsw dlc sales,that bs because not everyone has game pass.i don't and i don't consider it worth my money.

• Like Like x 1
  21. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I predict a sale once TSW2 is out. This happened last August when TSW2020 was released.

• Like Like x 1
  22. SHINO BAZ

Well apparently steam and playstation didn't get the word they have both had several sales in the last 4 months.actually they had alot of big extensive sales.

23. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Yes, amongst others me for example. :D
    Although not very spread here, GamePass turned out to be a huge success for MS. So huge that Phil Spencer himself (xbox 'CEO' of MS) recently stated that they can sell the xbox at relatively low prices without significant profit margins because the real money is made with Gamepass.

I can only speculate that if a game is included in GP MS refuses higher duscounts because whilst in GP the player numbers is highly increased and they want more full-price sales.

For existing TSW players who bought the game regularly this is of course no benefit at all.

Of course it doesn't have to be this way but when looking at the other platforms this is the only difference that falls in mind.

With the release of TSW2 the whole Gamepass thing might come to an end anyway.

By the way: when you're interested in games in general and don't have a huge collection then Gamepass is almost perfect for a player... I never regretted subscribing it because I found many games I enjoyed playing and many others where I didn't spent actual money but had the possibility to try them...

• Like Like x 2
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The current PS4 sale is hardly extensive, only being the TSW2020 bundles and two DLC. I’m assuming everybody here has already got TSW2020 so even if this sale was on xbox too it wouldn’t be good enough. I’m having to wait an awful long time for the DLC I want to be discounted on PS4 as they haven’t been in any of the recent sales so I totally get how frustrating the lack of sales on xbox is.

My own view on sales is they should be periodic, evenly spaced throughout the year, available on all platforms simultaneously and include discounts on all DLC with greater discounts for the older content. I don’t know how they currently decide on what the discounts are or when to have a sale or how it works with the platform providers but it seems to be fairly random.

• Like Like x 2
  25. blueghost

blueghost Member

Microsoft are tight fisted and Robbers, it was advertised 10% off add-ons if yo were a member of Pass I purchased the Tees line add on it and paid full price I e-mailed them but recieved no response,Total IGNORANCE.

26. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

NEC sale - 99p or is that too much?

• Like Like x 1
  27. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

It's on point

• Like Like x 1
  28. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

29. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

On the 500+ list of items (not all prices live yet), there is Train Sim World 2020 and Train Sim World 2020: Digital Deluxe Edition that will go on sale soon. No DLC.

These ultimate sales often focus on selling bundles or standard games. Might have to hold out for an ultimate add-ons sale.

Edit: Windows 10 version is also on sale.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  30. SHINO BAZ

The main tsw2020 game on sale is the closest you can get to a nonsale or nosale,most who want a sale have the game and may just want or still need a few of the dlc's to finish.