PlayStation Ac4400 Silent

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Peter jackson, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Peter jackson

Peter jackson New Member

I’ve noticed in multiple scenarios from Cumberland to rockwood the ac4400 will go silent at any power level. sometimes one trail or both lead and sometimes both the rear dpu’s. they just play a humming noise that isn’t even close to the idle noise. I know the locos are all on and working because the power output is maxed and if I turn off the dpus the train slows down quite a lot but they just roll by silently it’s very annoying has anyone else encountered this ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I found it seems to happen after switching to the camera at rear of the train. Then back again. Same on Peninsula Corridor. Locos have no engine sounds. But hey, their motto appears to be.....so long as the game runs.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  3. Peter jackson

Peter jackson New Member

I’ve come to terms with small issues like being stuck at a red signal and not completing powering America that’s understandable but having to sit in a silent loco in notch 8 up the 1.5% grade is unacceptable, definitely related to the camera somehow your right,

4. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I've noticed it on TVL too. Class 20 seems to do it, hardly any engine sound. Same with the 31, moving the camera can change the sounds somewhat.

Tsw 2 was billed as a fresh start.....looks like more of the same sadly.

• Like Like x 1