PC Ac4400cw Slow Speed Issues?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Hi, I played the U876B service and tried to set up slow speed control. The train has two AC4400CW engines at the front, no banking engine at the rear. I know how to set up slow speed, at the IFD screen it looks like this:

20201204091749_1.jpg
    The engine is set up as lead.

Problem is that slow speed is completely ignored. I have no idea why.

At leats this is an issue in the manual that is not there. Is this a bug or did I forget something?

2. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I had the same problem and I managed to solve that by turning the generator field off in the second loco, because as I understand it at least in the game the slow speed control only controls the first loco

3. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

It must be a bug because after setting up the slow speed in TSW2020 it worked no matter what the throttle setting was,
    I got it to work in TSW2 by leaving the throttle at Idle
    even notch 1 caused it to overide the slow speed setting

4. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

That’s because the second loco doesn’t care it doesn’t cut the power like the first when necessary. I don’t know if it’s a bug or it is the same in real life but if you disable the second loco it works(at least for me)

5. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

All 3 switches should be off in the trailing loco for any MU-operation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I tested again, switching of the three switches engine run, generator field and control. Also made sure banking comm was switched off. It did not help. The train was quite happy to continue accelerating. So still stuck.It may be bugged, at least when starting form the Journey

7. UhNotAMoose

UhNotAMoose New Member

Had the same issue. My fix was to set the speed control on the trailing locomotive as well. Not a 100% fix because I think the lead and trail locomotive are now trying to work independently to meet the speed but it's much better than a runaway train.

• Like Like x 1