Accessibility Hud/voice Features

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by imstylinonyabro, Mar 10, 2021.

1. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

It would be nice if the team could implement some sort of custom HUD options or voice commands for blind players. While i've put 220 hours into TSW2020, I've seen a fair bit of TSW2 gameplay, and the HUD's are quite similar. As someone with 20/400 vision, i find a decent bit of enjoyment lost through struggling to see the transparent destination marker, translucent speedo, and the signal/speed markers in the top right. Obviously work is done on 2020, but I figured I'd voice these suggestions anyway, as I will inevitably get TSW2.

For the speed limit/signal changes, it would be nice if we had the ability to affix them to the bottom middle of our screen. It would prevent having to physically get out of my chair to see them. I know they can be put as markers on the route, but they often overlap, making it hard to see.

Similar to The Last of Us 2, an option to fill the HUD with a flat black background, as opposed to the translucent background. The speed and gear setting is challenging to see at times when it is bright on the route. These vital numbers can be hard to make out because they blend in with the interior of the locos.

Also a speech bot could be nicely implemented by giving a verbal warning every mile(random number) from a destination, signal, or speed change to alleviate the strain of looking at the small numbers.

Think of this Accessibility For Blind players as a variant of AFB. It would be great to see some of this realized down the line. Thanks to any part of the team who have given this a read.