Acela And P42dc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ggy, Mar 4, 2022.

1. ggy

ggy Member

Amtrak Acela And Amtrak P42 Which locomotive we have the opportunity to see the most in TSW But I don't think they will.

Attached Files:

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

ok if you are suggesting something best put it in the suggestion forums and which exact route do they run on i know many have wanted the acela to be on boston sprinter but my knowledge on this is pretty low

3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Had we got the Hudson line rather than the Harlem line we could have seen the P32AC released as a loco DLC in both Amtrak & Metro North liveries. But we didnt so an opportunity lost which could have been a stepping stone to the P42 given the similarites.

Will we get an Acela on BS or will Amtrak push for the newer but far more ugly Avelia Liberty to be included instead?

4. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

please place this in suggestions

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Doubt we'll see the Avelia, because DTG have no opportunity to survey the prototype-in-testing. The Acela is in active service. (Also, I believe NEC-BP is set in pre-Covid 2019)

6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Acela Express Boston-Providence perfect way to bring that train is rush-hour Train Pack DB BR411/415 Nahverkehr Dresden Class 700 Brighton Mainline and Boston-Providence Acela.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Give Boston Sprinter the Acela and it will be a gold mine. It's an iconic train than many people know from real life and from simulators since MSTS.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

We have a DLC for 70's era stock on the bloody 2015 era Great Western, I fail to see how Boston Sprinter being off by a year or two would disqualify the Avella from ever happening. Also I don't think DTG has ever said anything definitive on the issue, while I do agree it's not likely, I would stop short of definitively stating DTG have not been granted access when it's never been stated directly by them. But even assuming that's true I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for DTG to do a Avella in two or three years after it's been in service for a while.

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Maybe because the thing’s pig-ugly?

• Like Like x 1
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It's also Amtraks high profile new rolling stock and if Amtrak license agreement gives them any say sway over exactly what can and can't be modelled they'd probably want this over Acela.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

i agree, having a train that's never been featured in a train simulator before would generate a lot of interest, I would be very surprised if they never did it. Also it's not like they couldn't do both, do the Acela now, then do the Avella later on. I tend to agree it's not likely anytime soon, but in two or three years I think chances are high it will show its head eventually.
    I know enough about rail history to say that pretty much every new engine that comes into service is called ugly by a large portion of railfans when they enter service. So if you want to use that against the Avella might as well can the development of TSW, because by that logic there'd be no trains you could make.

12. Dinosbacsi

But the Avelia IS ugly. It looks like some bootleg knockoff of a real train. The nose looks like it just got nose-swapped onto it from a different train. Then let's not even talk about the mistmatching body panels between the front car and the passenger cars...

Sure, the Avelia would me more unique, considering it has never been done before. But I believe the majority of the fans would prefer the older Acela, as it's iconic and actually looks good.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I don't see how it's more awkward than having a F40PH with some gallery cars or a Class 40 with some Mk2 coaches.
    You say that as if DTG have to pick one engine or the other, but surely they could do the Acela now, and make the Avella a year or two further down the line. There's no need to pick one and ignore the other completely like you seem to be suggesting.

14. Dinosbacsi

Well trains like the F40PH or Class 40 and their passenger cars are not EMUs. They are simply locomotives hauling train cars. So mismatch between the rolling stock is not out of the ordinary, as a given locomotive could be hauling different rolling stock as time goes on. Trains like the Acela however are multiple units, made as one, so one would expect them to look so.

Well if they were to make both, then great, why not! The more variety the better. But if I had to choose which one to make first, then I would vote for the older Acela, that's for sure.