PlayStation Acs 64 Brakes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainzdriver328, May 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

Hello, can I also brake with the ACS 64 with the electric brake combined with the locomotive brake? Because the automatic brake is too strong, regardless of whether I minimally apply the brake. Or can I somehow set that the automatic brake should not brake so hard?

2. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Yes, you can, you even have to!

The locomotive brake works as a retarder, i.e. the braking power is higher, even if the speed is high. Conversely, the slower you get, the less braking power you get. So it is not suitable for braking until stillstand.

That's why I always brake with the locomotive brake so far, e.g. ~ 25mph, the rest with the auto-brake to a standstill.

In some situations it is hardly possible not to use both types of brakes in combination. In other words, I use the loco-brake to regulate the speed, to brake completely then the auto-brake.

In some locomotives you can adjust the braking power, as with the ACS64, I would have to look first, or maybe in the manual ...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trainzdriver328

Trainzdriver328 Active Member

I saw that I can change the brake type, e.g. mode for freight or for passenger, or test, but they are almost as strong as the automatic brake.