Action Points Vs. Afb

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by thearkerportian, Aug 15, 2019.

1. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Moin,

First things first: The introduction of Action Points is a very welcome addition to TSW. Finally we're getting rewarded for responsible driving.

It seems though like the system needs a little tweaking still: When using the AFB on the DB BR143 (and presumably other locos as well), it sometimes happens that the train moves a tiny bit faster than is allowed - we're talking 1 or 2 km/h. Sometimes even even just half a km/h - so the speedometer and the hud both say I'm doing the allowed 80, but I still get a speeding penalty in the form of halved AP. I think the game should be a bit more leniant in that regard. ;)

20190815172734_1.jpg

2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I agree there needs to be some tweaking to the Action points. On LIRR you are actually penalized for using ATC. The reason apparently is the timing scheduled to arrive at the stations is based on track speed and not signal speed. So if you enable ATC, you have a few stretches of a signal speed of 15 mph when the track speed is higher, thus following the safety systems, you arrive several minutes late from scheduled and are duly rewarded with lower action points than you would be if you ignored signal speed and the safety systems.

Never a big fan of the career scenarios in TS201X because they rewarded unsafe driving, while Action points do not penalize by taking away points, the fact that you have to ignore signal speeds to obtain maximum action points unfortunately promote the same behavior as TS201X.

Of course, this could just be a manifestation of implementation problems with ATC as well. I didn’t notice if you received a lesser reward for going over ATC’s signal speed, or just when you exceeded the track speed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Going downhill with rely on AFB is not safe way to drive under speed limit. I use to put it down to 75km/h notch and back to 80km/h or apply an independant brake around 20%. Driving on speed limit edge is tricky, safe way is to stay 1-3km/h under limit, but you risk that you won't meet timetable. Action points seems to be strick, I was 25sec early and get -2AP.
    I think that triangular setup around requested time presented by Matt should be changed to trapezoidal setup for more relax driving.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Seems like a good place to introduce a difficulty slider.

• Like Like x 1