Actual Mastery Rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jamesonmin, Nov 10, 2020.

?
  1. yea

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. NOOO

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. jamesonmin

jamesonmin Well-Known Member

i HATE the TSW mastery rewards, what i just get a wallpaper? I COULD DOWNLOAD THAT FROM GOOGLE. now my idea is to have rewards like: an extra livery or heritage unit (such as a YN3 livery for SPG, or the spirit of atlanta) or extra services like the Saturday special from NTP like more special services. some examples are: a 9 car 166 for GWE, or an express freight service of like 8 cars and has priority for OSD.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nope. That would require Mastery to work 100% of the time and we all know that isn't ever going to happen. If scenarios etc. were the rewards there would be anger from those who, through no fault of their own, were unable to obtain them.

The Mastery rewards were never just wallpapers though, they were dioramas and scenery elements for within the game, which although weren’t really essential were annoying to fail to unlock despite best efforts.

3. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

This is getting to game-y for what is marketed as the most realistic train simulator right now. For example, we should already have the YN3 livery, but this would be blocking it behind hours of gameplay? Hours of gameplay to unlock more realism. I’d rather have the realism right away, and it would help them sell their game and not lock basic features to have the realism right away.

And the one thing I know that DTG would do with this is allow micro transactions for more action points for mastery. That’s right, micro transactions. Something usually found in mobile games in “the most authentic train simulator of its time”

So do I support minor things, like new backgrounds when selecting a train or maybe minor route changes? Yes. But do I support actual variety in the game and more services being locked behind either long gameplay or a monetary unlock? No.

So that’s my 20 cents, sorry for the little rant.

• Like Like x 4
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Perhaps "Mastery" should give you a small discount voucher or code to spend towards TS or TSW content in the Steam Store? That would give a perceptible purpose to the achievement and maybe bring in some extra revenue as a side benefit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

If by steam store, you mean every store, then yes, that might be a good idea.

6. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I'm confused as to what you're talking about here?
    There's no YN3 livery locked behind hours of gameplay.
    And they've never talked or referred to microtransactions for mastery points.

Mastery has only ever unlocked some extra scenery layers (only special event scenery items too like, a music festival in a field or hot air balloons in the sky) and menu screen backgrounds. None of which effect the realism of the game and are totally optional.

7. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

jeremydunn8 was referring to the OP, where it was mentioned the YN3 livery could be unlocked through mastery.

I am actually surprised we don't have the YN3 livery. The only locos that wear the YN2 livery are AC4400CWs that haven't been repainted into YN3 or YN3b or rebuilt into CM44AHs and repainted into YN3b. And there is one SD40-2 that is somehow still in the YN2 paint. I'm not complaing that the YN2 paint made it into the game and not the YN3, as the YN2 is my favorite CSX livery. I'm just saying it would have been more prototypical to include the YN3.
    I assume it was for aesthetics, so not every loco was blue and yellow. But why weren't all three liveries available to choose from. The YN3b and YN3 liveries are not that different, just slight logo variations.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  8. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Liveries for trains
    Extra scenary options
    Special in carriage decorations holiday themed
    Different operator clothes for your character
    A yearly contribution challenge beginning December ending 24th. Free dlc gift Christmas day for the fans. Like a loco